Will we be raided in January? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be raided in January?

Aug 15, 2015
I think we have to remember Lowe is now in charge of a Championship side, if he went to Ipswich for example I'd be a lot more concerned. I think the only one he'd be interested in is (M) Cooper, and I doubt Preston could afford what we’ll ask for.
So not Danny Mayor then? The player that a queue of Championship sides would be keen on? Interesting.

Jan 11, 2016
No disrepect to the present team which, as often at Argyle, is not without its competent or better players doing their best week in week out, but if Preston have ambitions to be competitive in the Championship there's no-one with the sort of proven quality they will need at Home Park. Even Ennis would be a huge gamble.
Relax!

Jan 27, 2012
Mike Cooper is over-rated in my opinion (weak on crosses) so I am not concerned if he leaves for a decent transfer fee.

Camara, Ennis, Hardie- I think they are all good players being watched by other clubs. Broom also (although obviously not an Argyle player). Camara, in particular, could probably do a good job in the Championship. Nail all of them down to longer contracts if possible.

• Haha
Reactions: briangreen
Nov 18, 2011
Posted in another thread earlier but Preston's squad is huge and bloated, Lowe's first job in January will be to sell players.

Jun 27, 2021
So not Danny Mayor then? The player that a queue of Championship sides would be keen on? Interesting.
You have an obsession to attack major.. he’s the player most managers talk about before and after games. He gets marked out of games as they see the influence he has on the game. You also seem to not see that most people agree that broom fits our team better. We have two very good options and two players that could make the step up to lower level championship side. Can’t see major going to due to age. I think broom and pan are def possibilities, Cooper of course as is being watched by many teams from leagues above us. Ennis I feel even tho is a talented player, needs to get fit and have a good season settled before thinking about moving higher up as he hasn’t really set the world alight any where just yet.

Jun 27, 2013
Well Carey and Lameiras didn’t want to be here, Danny Mayor did. So maybe we should stop beating him with a stick for something he didn’t say.
Ironically I think Mayor would have thrived in the formation Carey and Lameiras did in this league, & all three would have greatly benefited from someone like Reuben Reid to play off of, now that's a player we've really needed yet failed to replace

Apr 1, 2009
If our players do well enough we will get other clubs (including the "bigger" one that now employs Mr Lowe) showing interest and ultimately buying them. That's what happens, and I think it is very much in SH's plans that we do make money from selling players from time to time. At present I don't think many of our current squad, if any, are hugely attractive to a mid-table Championship team in terms of having the ability to start regularly at that level. We do certainly have a number who have the potential to do so, and as that potential is realised PNE won't be the only ones sniffing around. I certainly don't expect a major exodus in January.

May 22, 2006
While I like Mayor and think that his work rate is good, there were plenty of comments on the PNE fans forum last night saying that they didn’t want him back and didn’t rate him when he was there before.

If anyone they wanted Conor Grant and possibly Pan. Not convinced that they would walk straight into their first team.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’m honestly trying to think who out of our squad is championship quality.

l think from what l’ve seen if Ennis he might be. M Cooper might be but he has a weakness with the physicality of commanding his box when the ball is in the air.

After this l think we have some decent league one players like Wilson.

People know l love Camara but he lacks composure with his passing, crossing and shooting in the final third. And here we are worried about losing a player who l don’t think is currently a top league 1 player.

Danny Mayor is one of our most creative players in our squad. However, his lack of an end product highlights where our squad is currently when he is the guy we turn to to open up the opposition.

Before worrying about players who are championship quality, we need to find more who are top league 1 quality and can compete against the more physical sides in this league like Rotherham & Wycombe.