Will we be in the Championship next season? | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Will we be in the Championship next season?

Do you think we'll break our transfer record this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 84 83.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.8%

• Total voters

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
This is where we have come unstuck. Recruiting players when we were in league one who had some potential but not good enough for the championship. Unfortunately we cannot match the finances of Ipswich but that is what they did last season and are now reaping the rewards.
There's no way on earth we could pay 16m in wages in L1, which is what they did. We built a squad to get promoted to the Championship, they built a squad to get promoted to the Premier League.

Reactions: Jon with no H

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner πŸ‘¨β€βš–οΈ
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Hard to move from Spain and perform at your best.He could improve next year as a starter in League 1 but would really have to step up in the Championship.Still think he could play well as a CDM.
Must be a reason why he hasn't played there. 3 managers this season, and none have tried it.

Jul 12, 2016
There's no way on earth we could pay 16m in wages in L1, which is what they did. We built a squad to get promoted to the Championship, they built a squad to get promoted to the Premier League.
We should have built a squad to stay in the championship. We might have yet?

Feb 11, 2024
What do you think ? Simple question. I will start by saying . No.
NO, fate has conspired to send us down. Practically every week results have gone against us when it matters and it feels like momentum is sending us down. I will still be chearing the lads on on saturday. We also need to get on the refs back early to sway his deciscion making, a nice early sending off for Hull would be very helpful.

Feb 11, 2024
I'm desperate for Argyle to survive. If we stay up this season, I think we could be in the Championship for 5 or 6 years, particularly if Hallett can find some investors. However, if we go down, I fear, as a 67 year old, that I would not live to see Argyle in the Championship again, and that we would struggle in the third and fourth divisions for another decade or so. The game against Hull City this Saturday is not a game, it's for the life and soul of Plymouth Argyle Football Club. Please God, help us.
Praying is probably a much better game plan than we have deployed in the last 2 matches. I like it!

Sep 6, 2006
NO, fate has conspired to send us down. Practically every week results have gone against us when it matters and it feels like momentum is sending us down. I will still be chearing the lads on on saturday. We also need to get on the refs back early to sway his deciscion making, a nice early sending off for Hull would be very helpful.
Fate? You mean other teams getting more points whilst we lose? 50 points is considered the usual safety mark and will be this season

Reactions: Said old Green
Oct 20, 2022
Leicester battering Preston 3 0 away.We beat them 1 0.Anything is possible in this League even if it is not likely.The fans attending on Saturday can still influence the game