Who’s going to Sunderland? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who’s going to Sunderland?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
football-bet-data":2o3e17sx said:
Why on earth would anyone stay in Sunderland when Newcastle is just 20 minutes away ??

Beat me to it!
Sunderland is a shLthole which is on a par with Burnley.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
I'll be going, but treating it like I did the Oldham game last season. Stay centrally in a vibrant city where's there's plenty enough to do to keep me entertained all weekend, and spend as little time in the dump where Argyle are playing as possible.

Sep 6, 2006
JimC":bo6z7jgu said:
FFS...its in march, and it's just a league game against another team who are in this division on merit, not the cup final.

Exactly. Seems a trip to Sunderland is some people's idea of a good time!

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
That wasn't the last time we went. Last time we went we won 3-2 after going a goal down in the first minute
The reason I remember my son's birthday is th 5-1 humiliation and the 3-2 Is his first ever argyle game aged 18nmonths !

G

GreenSnake

If anybody is into craft beer at all, I would recommend a visit to the Wylam brewery tap room in the centre of Newcastle.

Will be there on the Friday evening enjoying one or two! Then planning to take the metro to the ground on Saturday.

greenplumber

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jun 10, 2015
I will be going with my partner who will shop.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Emu":3mrn0hyv said:
football-bet-data":3mrn0hyv said:
Why on earth would anyone stay in Sunderland when Newcastle is just 20 minutes away ??

Beat me to it!
Sunderland is a shLthole which is on a par with Burnley.
It really isn't. If I had to pick a city to compare it to I would actually go for Plymouth. The 'City of Sunderland' as it's called, like all city's has some rough areas. The area are the ground isn't a great part of the city, but it's a lot better than the area around the old Roker Park ground, but there are some areas around the city too.

In terms of people staying the night, Durham's a beautiful city, Newcastle's nice and quite handy too. But if you want to stay in Sunderland my recommendations would be;
- The Boars Head. B&B. 15 minute walk from the Stadium and with a beer garden that has a beautiful view over the River Wear and the Wearmouth bridge.

- Any hotel along the seafront. Sunderland has a seafront with two beaches across a two mile stretch. Seaburn beach being the better of the two. Great views and a good area. Down the road at Roker beach the views are still great, but the area a bit rougher.

- Any in the city centre. Sunderland's city centre isn't that big and in truth looks a bit pathetic in comparison to Newcastle. But what Sunderland's city centre does have is Green Terrace. A street packed full of bars, pubs and clubs with a Travelodge coming off it. (If you look on the map, it looks smaller than it is. Starts just off from The Cooper Rose and finishes at the Westminster Bar). If you're going with the main incentive being to drink, you'll find Sunderland is cheaper than Newcastle and there's so many options in such a small area.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Balham_Green":1boeh6xx said:
JimC":1boeh6xx said:
FFS...its in march, and it's just a league game against another team who are in this division on merit, not the cup final.

Exactly. Seems a trip to Sunderland is some people's idea of a good time!
It is a Cup Final in our house as Mrs C is hoping that her suffering has bottomed out.

The big question is which end the boys opt for at the two games.

As for where to stay, Durham all day long for us.

Aug 17, 2006
landons forehead":3d2irosp said:
I'll be going, but treating it like I did the Oldham game last season. Stay centrally in a vibrant city where's there's plenty enough to do to keep me entertained all weekend, and spend as little time in the dump where Argyle are playing as possible.

That is what away fans do when they play at Argyle. They stay in Exeter or Torbay!
.As someone who lives up here the comments about Sunderland are very misplaced. It has good beaches a fantastic Airshow in July which attracts over a million. It has some not so good areas and some very affluent areas. Very similar to Plymouth in that respect. I was born at Flete House near Ermington used to live in the South Hams, worked in Plymouth for 25 years. I was down for 5 weeks recently and could slot back easily but happen to live about 10 miles from Sunderland and find it quite good for entertainment etc.

Sep 6, 2006
chester":74xrq28n said:
landons forehead":74xrq28n said:

That is what away fans do when they play at Argyle. They stay in Exeter or Torbay!
.As someone who lives up here the comments about Sunderland are very misplaced. It has good beaches a fantastic Airshow in July which attracts over a million. It has some not so good areas and some very affluent areas. Very similar to Plymouth in that respect. I was born at Flete House near Ermington used to live in the South Hams, worked in Plymouth for 25 years. I was down for 5 weeks recently and could slot back easily but happen to live about 10 miles from Sunderland and find it quite good for entertainment etc.

Good beaches and an air show? Doesn't really sell it for me. See the forecast today is 16 c in middle of a heatwave!

Aug 17, 2006
Balham_Green":2m93sri0 said:
chester":2m93sri0 said:
landons forehead":2m93sri0 said:

Good beaches and an air show? Doesn't really sell it for me. See the forecast today is 16 c in middle of a heatwave!

D,ont believe the forecast it's tropical up here.today.