Who would you like for the new CEO? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who would you like for the new CEO?

May 8, 2011
davie nine":13s2z8ks said:
I would like to think that Derek Adams will be involved in the appointment procedure.

He has said that he wants to build a Club, not just a football team and the Chief Executive will need to work very closely with the owner/s and the manager. There needs to be a mutual respect for their roles within the club.

I believe Adams is involved as I was told he didn’t attend last weeks SWPL game against Bodmin as he was at a meeting about the post.

May 8, 2011
BallboyEGS1958":10wlleif said:
Derek Adams father ?

I think Adams’ sister would be quite an interesting choice, then the family could move down from Glasgow and he could then call Plymouth home!

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":1hanyrq1 said:
BallboyEGS1958":1hanyrq1 said:
Derek Adams father ?

I think Adams’ sister would be quite an interesting choice, then the family could move down from Glasgow and he could then call Plymouth home!

She'd have to be quieter in the office than she is in the stands. :D

May 8, 2011
Keepitgreen":ube2zzoi said:
HC Green":ube2zzoi said:
BallboyEGS1958":ube2zzoi said:
Derek Adams father ?

She'd have to be quieter in the office than she is in the stands. :D

Very true.

Apr 1, 2009
Duncan Rice":2dk0ww87 said:
Back on topic, If we have any aspirations above L1, an experienced CEO with integrity and big club experience please!

Why big club experience? People who run big businesses aren't necessary good at running smaller ones where the requirements are very different. It's a very different job being CEO of, say, Spurs than running Argyle. We got big club experience as Chairman (though not integrity) with Sir Woy, and that worked well....

Jul 9, 2008
Plymouth
That's funny, I thought we were aspiring to be Championship at least. The (ex) CEO, ex Yeovil, now Rovers, appropriate for the time and our situation at the time. We can, and must do better now. Note how the club struggled to cope with 'big' matches (Liverpool etc).

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
edengreen":19ldg93y said:
Wonder if Dunford is still in the area last I heard he was working up at Albion ? Maybe a safe pair of hands now?

I had the same thought too. If he could handle Derby County in the Premiership, I am sure Argyle would be within his current capacity. He has done it once after all.

Aug 3, 2017
No to Dunford. Absolutely not. I’m not saying he did a bad job but we do not want to take sideways, or as I see it, a backwards step.

We need an experienced CEO of a medium-large sized regional area. Companies like Leonardo Helicopters or Colt Cars, Gloucester or Steinhoff Retail. I’m sure a thorough process can be conducted to get the right person in.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
edengreen":3n2zx5hq said:
Wonder if Dunford is still in the area last I heard he was working up at Albion ? Maybe a safe pair of hands now?

He's currently CEO at Chesterfield.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I have a feeling we might be pleasantly surprised in who comes in as the new CEO

TJH

Feb 1, 2018
This isn’t about getting a familiar or high profile name, it’s about having the right skills and ideas to move the club forward.

It would be unfair on the current set-up to say no progress has been made but we are still way short of where I would like us.

Ticketing and ground development etc presumably comes down to managing suppliers and contractors which is an important element I suppose but where I really want to see us improve is on 1) scouting, 2) transfers / contracts and 3) the youth set-up.

The latter will take financial investment at some stage but scouting is comparatively inexpensive and an area where the club could improve so quickly. Relying on the contacts of DA and PW will only take us so far and we don’t have the finances to buy the ‘obvious’ targets. If we are going to progress past our current level we have to make better use of the non-league and European markets