Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 102 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who do you want as the new manager?

• Johannes Hoff Thorup

Votes: 83 21.2%
  • Anthony Barry

Votes: 48 12.3%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

Votes: 38 9.7%
  • Nigel Pearson

Votes: 26 6.6%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 53 13.6%
  • Nathan Jones

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Gareth Ainsworth

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Gary Rowett

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 56 14.3%
  • David Wagner

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Will Still

Votes: 48 12.3%

• Total voters
Jul 29, 2012
Let's not get carried away, folks.

Hallett has set out a system for bringing in another head coach and I don't think he will veer away from that.

He has also said that he would go beyond just looking at any applications and would actively seek out an individual if the circumstances were right.

May I suggest that he could put a feeler out to see if Rosenior would be interested in the position and if so then ask him to send in his cv. This would also give Rosenior time to decide if he was interested, knowing that he had been asked specifically by Hallett.

Being a data man, I don't think he would stray away from his method of pruning the applications, but he could compare Rosenior's qualities with others that will have applied.

No doubt Rosenior would be interviewed, among others, and it would be at this stage when questions could be answered both ways, that Hallett could assist with his final decision.

That way he could still give credit to his data analysis, whether Rosenior came out top or not, and it would give Rosenior time to reflect on his time at Hull and whether he would be interested in the Argyle job.

Of course, there is always the possibility of Rosenior turning down Hallett's initial offer, and Argyle would know where we then stood with him.
From the hull equivalent of the herald

May 13, 2019
I take everything back about getting an old and bold manager. Throw Rosenior whatever money he wants, he would transform us!
Call me boring but i would love to have a Nigel Pearson or Scott Parker type manager. Both know the league inside out and both will have a lot of contacts in the Championship world. They would provide a lot of stability which is what is needed for the next few seasons, at the very least. The club will be earning way in excess of 20 million this summer, with some very shrewd experienced championship signings we could become a very attractive club to players and investors.

Yes, it would be brilliant to find another unproven manager like we did with Schumacher but it is one huge risk, as we found out with those infamous 87 days at the start of the year. The championship is in the top 8 of European leagues for a reason, it is so relentless and right now is the perfect time to appoint a previously established Championship manager.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Liam Rosenior's win percentage of 34% over 70 odd games is nothing to get excited about. I won't be joining his fan club just yet. I think, albeit he has limited experience, Lincoln's Michael Skubala looks a much better prospect.

Skubala has only been a manager since November though whereas Rosenior has 2 seasons under his belt now, and at a higher level.

Reactions: pastyboy
Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
He seems very classy. On Saturday amongst all the chaos at the final whistle he waited until he was able to shake hands with ND and KN. Then, as shown on Matchday moments, he waited in the tunnel to shake hands with the Argyle players and coaches. In his post match interviews he congratulated Argyle - something rarely seen from the big team bosses. Let's dream.
Based on those brief moments I too felt that he was classy and composed. Someone that wouldn't rub the players up the wrong way.

Did the Hull job prove too much for him at this stage in his development? Maybe Argyle could be the perfect next step for him.

Whatever happens, the players and Home park in glorious sunshine would certainly have left a positive impression.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Hull fans describe Rosenior's style as the most boring they've ever seen and they're glad to see the back of him.

Not sure he's the one for us.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
There are a number of threads on their forum Cobi.

Feb 20, 2024
Woolwell
Lots of you are seeing something in LR that I missed in his team on Saturday. I agree with Biggs and PAFC123, who have said Hull's possession football was slow. However, I'd go further and say it was dull and uninspiring. In the admittedly shorter periods Argyle had the ball, it was incisive and thrilling.
Great bloke, comes across well, but I'm not sure the football is the brand we're after [*puts on hard hat*].
You obviously didn't wa their performance against Ipswich the previous Saturday!

Dec 18, 2023
It seems Argyle are about to show us if they really mean to get the best people in to push us to the next step in the Championship.
With the likes of Liam Rosenior & Anthony Barry possibly available for us, will we go cheap as usual and pick a name we dont know and hope that person makes it all work.
Interesting, Uncle Simon maybe already thinking he is going to have some extra cash from possible transfers, so he could push the boat out for a significant Head Coach who could possibly improve most of the squad we already have.
All decisions I am glad i dont have to make.
Although, surely the heavens have parted to hand us an ideal opportunity with Liam Rosenior.
Having just been here, he might think wow this club is so primed to take off with the Green Army backing him, that he could do 2 or 3 seasons down here easily..

Reactions: Said old Green