Who Didn't Say This.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who Didn't Say This....

Dec 2, 2010
Ade the green":2t3s7i90 said:
Pilgrim61":2t3s7i90 said:
:scarf: McGhee wasn't saying he was embarrassed to be at Hereford....he's saying he's embarrassed because people are looking him at as the manager of an under performing team. He could make a shed load more excuses than Argyle....but he hasn't.

I've heard Brent say we should be out of this league.....never heard Fletcher say that?

Like X Isle, I'd like to see a bit more passion....not the 'play the game not the occasion' (already said by Mr Grimsdale up the road this week in all his Wisdom!), and focussing on who we're going to stop! How about we're going there with all the squad wanting to play, we're going to cause them a few headaches, and we want the Green Army to make a wall of noise which we will climb to the top of and pull them to a crescendo! No okay.....let's keep it understated.

Anyway, full credit to McGhee if I was a Gas Head I'd feel a bit of pride and if I was a player I'd feel I've got to pull my socks up....not work them off.

Let's hope Fletch has the last laugh this time tomorrow :scarf:

As long as he's preparing the team to the best of his abilities that's all we can ask.

I don't want Conor so pumped up he's only on the pitch for 5 minutes, same for Darren.

He doesn't need a rallying cry to the fans and would be derided on here if he did.

Also, McGhee did infer that he didn't want to be recognised when scouting at Hereford.

Don't agree.

Derided....for a rallying cry!

Well he's certainly the toast of Plymouth at the moment......and soon to be toast me thinks!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
We are 20th in the league and have more than a faint chance of being relegated.Look at the up and coming fixtures and if Pursey goes in January.......

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Pilgrim61":2uhn236x said:
Ade the green":2uhn236x said:
Pilgrim61":2uhn236x said:
:scarf: McGhee wasn't saying he was embarrassed to be at Hereford....he's saying he's embarrassed because people are looking him at as the manager of an under performing team. He could make a shed load more excuses than Argyle....but he hasn't.

I've heard Brent say we should be out of this league.....never heard Fletcher say that?

Like X Isle, I'd like to see a bit more passion....not the 'play the game not the occasion' (already said by Mr Grimsdale up the road this week in all his Wisdom!), and focussing on who we're going to stop! How about we're going there with all the squad wanting to play, we're going to cause them a few headaches, and we want the Green Army to make a wall of noise which we will climb to the top of and pull them to a crescendo! No okay.....let's keep it understated.

Anyway, full credit to McGhee if I was a Gas Head I'd feel a bit of pride and if I was a player I'd feel I've got to pull my socks up....not work them off.

Let's hope Fletch has the last laugh this time tomorrow :scarf:

As long as he's preparing the team to the best of his abilities that's all we can ask.

I don't want Conor so pumped up he's only on the pitch for 5 minutes, same for Darren.

He doesn't need a rallying cry to the fans and would be derided on here if he did.

Also, McGhee did infer that he didn't want to be recognised when scouting at Hereford.

Don't agree.

Derided....for a rallying cry!

Well he's certainly the toast of Plymouth at the moment......and soon to be toast me thinks!

That's just the point though isn't it?

What can he possibly say that will get the majority onside?

There's enough people on here that put words in his mouth anyway.

All the, guess what Fletchers going to say tomorrow, socks, luck. It's all bullpoo.

Last week when we won someone on this forum and I can't remember who suggested Carl Fletcher would take the credit for the win. I didn't see that, I saw the manager praise the side for the result and express that it was deserved before last Saturday. Give the man credit for not public ally slating the team. We've no idea what is said in the changing room but we don't need them to have less confidence.

I'm going to look stupid if we do get relegated because I don't believe we will. Equally all those that are sure we're going to be in the Blue Square can kiss my arse when we're still in league 2.

Jul 6, 2011
Reckon tomorrow could be the lynchpin to our season. A win up there could inspire us to go on a run, but equally a loss would drain us of any remaining confidence. Don't think it's a case of if we lose BSP here we come, but it does become a struggle again to gain those vital points so desperately needed.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I don't expect us to win tomorrow. I do however want us to go up there and give it a go. As long as we don't get our asses kicked I'll be happy, a win and I'll be ecstatic.

Pilgrim61":2b4a0xee said:
Good piece from Mark McGhee today. Make a few small changes to what he said and.....

"On behalf of the fans, we should feel embarrassed to be in this league and to be in this position."

"From a grander perspective - and I mean this is in the best possible way - there are three leagues above us and in a sense I'm embarrassed Argyle are in League Two.

"I think Argyle should be embarrassed to be in the second division.

"I'm going to games - I was at Hereford against Cheltenham during the week - and I'm almost hoping that people don't speak to me, because I feel embarrassed.

"I don't want people patronising me or pitying me - I just want to get us out of this league."

The only people who should be embarrassed about Argyle being where we are are the ones who bankrupted us and left us for (almost) dead.

Dec 2, 2010
aishburton green":2383a2vl said:
Actions speak louder than words !! End of.

That is true. How about:

20th in L2
21 points from 21 games

Arguable the biggest club in the division.

I'd be embarrassed.

Happy with the result today, but there's a long way to go and it's going to be passion and commitment that move us up the table.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Can't really argue with McGhee to be honest, it should feel embarrassing as an Argyle or Rovers supporter to not only be in this league but to be near the bottom of it.

The Joe Kinnear situtation was different because he was flat out wrong and was aiming disrespect directly at us, whereas McGhee's comments are harsh but true.

Dec 2, 2010
Now we know why Fletcher doesn't say anything like this.......he'd be out of a job! But then we could have countered John Ward's Bristol Rovers offer with a manager's job, but pretending he is really the DoF!