Where would you rather be | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Where would you rather be

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Forget the obvious, would you prefer us to be in mid-table with nothing to play for,or be in our current position fighting for our lives.

May 22, 2006
What I wouldn't give for a meaningless end-of season training session where both teams knock it sideways for ninety minutes. We haven't had one of those for far too long. Hopefully Morecambe will be that game.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I want to come away from home park happy and satisfied with our performance, where ever we are.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Anyone of sound mind would prefer mid table mediocrity before fighting for our lives with a danger of going out of the football league. No brainer for me.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
I'd like us to set a mini-challenge for the remaining games and set 17th place as a target. AFC Wimbledon currently occupy that position and are only 3 points ahead.

Lets have a mini league with them, Northampton, Dag & Redbridge - the latter two, having previously occupied the basement positions along with ourselves.

Mar 9, 2011
dunlop":2ed22bp0 said:
Forget the obvious, would you prefer us to be in mid-table with nothing to play for,or be in our current position fighting for our lives.

Mid table not having to worry about falling out of the league … and to give my nerves a break!! :crazy:

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
Mid table with nothing to play for sounds very appealing at the moment although we all know that if we find ourselves in that position next year, there will be plenty of people moaning that we arent pushing on and still finding things to complain about.

As long as a club we are going in the right direction and improve on our league position, a season of consolidation is just fine with me.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
It's 90 odd minutes football a fortnight, regardless of statistical consequences, I suggest you don't believe the SKY hype too much about pointages battles, intangible BS innit.

A bad match regardless of relief/achievement/consequence is a bad match. Many cup finals for example are rubbish negative games.

Lucky to be in a relegation battle is in some respects like wishing to necessitate gratitude owing merely to your beer being in shorter supply. There, I've said it.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Adam_R":38c5n9wr said:
I'd like us to set a mini-challenge for the remaining games and set 17th place as a target. AFC Wimbledon currently occupy that position and are only 3 points ahead.

Lets have a mini league with them, Northampton, Dag & Redbridge - the latter two, having previously occupied the basement positions along with ourselves.

I like the sound of this one, Adam and hope CF has similar thoughts. Even though we are not mathematically safe, we actually are safe and it would be good to see just how well we can finish. I believe in the prevailing circs CF always set out not to lose each game and that mantra has seen us survive and quite right too. It will be interesting to see how the team approaches the remaining four matches.

Oct 24, 2010
Rather be mid-table. Saturday took six months off my life and I can't really afford it.

Oct 8, 2011
esmer":3e0w23qo said:
Rather be mid-table. Saturday took six months off my life and I can't really afford it.

Was that the Friday 'Saturday' or the Monday 'Saturday'?

My only concern is that we have let the opposition attack us for virtually the whole of the second half in all of our previous six games. Yes, i know we haven't lost any of these but, if you have a dodgy heart, it is rather nerve wracking.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Q303":31q5xvme said:
esmer":31q5xvme said:

Was that the Friday 'Saturday' or the Monday 'Saturday'?

My only concern is that we have let the opposition attack us for virtually the whole of the second half in all of our previous six games. Yes, i know we haven't lost any of these but, if you have a dodgy heart, it is rather nerve wracking.

he probably means Saturday, recovering from Friday and looking forward to Monday (with Sunday being a day of rest!) :thumbs:

as to the question: if all your games, whatever happened, left you stuck in mid table with nothing to achieve/fear, i'd rather watch games that meant something (although it is uncomfortable viewing!)