What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have? | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What ‘unpopular opinion’ do you have?

bigalf

R.I.P
Dec 13, 2005
Keyham
My ‘unpopular’ opinion?

Nothing to do with teams, players etc!

Something I want to get off my chest!!

I WISH PASOTI POSTERS USED THEIR REAL NAMES RATHER THAN PSEUDONYMS!!

There I’ve said it! 😇😇
Could it be that some people would rather not use their actual names on here. For example when posting photos or updates from an away game when their workplace thinks they are at home suffering from a bad dose of whatever. Only saying for a friend obviously!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pafcineurope

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I have several but as you all haven't got all day/night for my rants, will keep it to 3;
a) that radio 5 live is football football football....I like & have loved football for 50+ years yet surely they can find other sports to talk about
b) that BBC only talk mainly about the Premiership.....variety please - I don't give a toss for the 'top 6' etc, even today on FACup day they really only concentrate on the First Division (see below...)
c) Why 'Premiership', 1st, 2cd, 3rd & 4th made sense & everyone understood it....
d & 4) People who cannot count....
Good question. It hasn't been called that for over 14 years. ;)

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I absolutely abhor the title "English Football League". It's not! It is THE Football League.

Any other league is secondary. It was the original. It's like stupid American golf commentators insist on calling it "The British Open"! It's not. It's THE Open Championship. The winner being The Champion Golfer of the year.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The English Football League is a misnomer anyway when the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham have taken part.

Reactions: Andy S
Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
The English Football League is a misnomer anyway when the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham have taken part.
I think it was brought in because someone thought "EFL" had quite a catchy ring to it, a bit like "NBA" "NFL" and "MLS" possibly? Hmmm........Wonder where that influence came from?

Sep 6, 2006
I absolutely abhor the title "English Football League". It's not! It is THE Football League.

Any other league is secondary. It was the original. It's like stupid American golf commentators insist on calling it "The British Open"! It's not. It's THE Open Championship. The winner being The Champion Golfer of the year.
There are probably greater things to get worked up about!

Reactions: Fergy
Dec 3, 2005
We should have a statue of Sammy Black, looking through the records on GoS, Sammy Black played for Argyle over 13 years, he is the top goal scorer in the history of Argyle with 182 goals and the second highest appearances with Argyle of 491.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Remi Matthews was quite overrated and I’m not surprised that he’s barely played any consistent football since he was here. Roos was by far the best keeper we used that season.

Last edited:
Reactions: foreigner