What do you prefer? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What do you prefer?

What do you wish for tomorrow?

• Rescued by the present 6/7 - No admin.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go into admin and take new owners (no Riddler)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Go into admin and take new owners (with Riddler in tow)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Liquidate and start again seven leagues down.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jul 17, 2008
Calstock
Keepitgreen":s5mo01nl said:
Either of the admin options for me. I gather that the 3 who have gone for A are either relatives of the directors or have done so with the loss to local businesses in mind. I also feel for them but admin and getting shot of ALL the current lot really is the only way forward.

I was one of the three. I cannot tell a lie :oops: . I am not related to any of them. I don't even really support them.

This whole affair is so much like a labyrinth that my head is spinning. I defy anyone who has tried to reduce it to simplicities. Be honest - without wanting to re-open redundant debates - how many of us really understand the legalities or the financial details? How many of us (none?) know what has gone on behind the scenes up to now and, for all we know, are continuing to go on? I don't like conspiracy theorists but the likelihood of dealings and double dealings by any combination of the board &/or their advisors is mind-boggling. I have resisted the simplicities of playing "goodies & baddies".

BUT, my vote went there only because my preferred option wasn't there. In fact, I am not even sure it is a possibility - ie to have a new board and not go into administration. Is that asking for too much? Probably.

I wouldn't want the shame and possible ridicule going into administration might bring from other supporters. I don't want us to be yet another statistic in football's finances. I don't want the armchair fans who "support" Man U or similar to have any more reason to claim superiority. And, as you suggested, I certainly wouldn't want local businesses to lose out because of cock-ups by one or all of the board. It was a case of the least worst of the options. (On the other hand I am tired & very preoccupied with more stressful things so I may be talking nonsense....not for the first time).

I have followed Argyle for 50 years. I have shivered on the open terraces of pits like the old Walsall ground. I have enjoyed us beating Rushden & Diamonds and watched us rise from there. I have watched us being slaughtered at Ninian Park and still followed them. I have stood on Stalybridge Station at midnight on my own trying to get back "home" to the Midlands from watching us lose at Leeds in the cup. I have been attacked coming out of Hillsborough. I have watched us play the worst football I have ever seen at Oxford's old ground when Kemp ruled and I came back for more. I used to be able to name all of our goalkeepers since I first watched Argyle in about 1960 - because it was important. I have stood in Northampton's soul-less excuse for a stadium. I enjoyed Noddy's entertainment, watched Umbrella Vi wave as the teams came out, laughed when Rex (The Battling Bus-driver) ran onto the pitch. I have tried to listen to the results on a crackling short-wave radio in the desert getting excited as the results for our match came closer. I have stood on the Devonport End (the best); I have stood on the Mayflower; I have sat in the Lyndhurst. I saw Mike Bickle play! I watched the best pairing we have ever had up front - Paul Mariner & Billy Rafferty - they were beyond brilliant. I have watched the World Cup being carried around the pitch. I even once caught the ball as it flew into the crowd and threw it directly back to Alan Nicholl. A middle-aged man getting excited by that!!! The peak of my career. I still get a shiver when I hear a marching band play Semper Fidelis. If I am able, I will join the demonstration in the park tomorrow. Many others on here could tell similar tales. A football club is not a matter of life and death - it is far more important than that!

Of course saving us from insolvency is essential but don't take for granted that a new team at the top will solve everything. Look at Portsmouth. Oh bugger! What a mess!

No other agenda. Honest.

(Slopes off to be, exhausted :oops: ......)

penzancepirate":3d8wtlx1 said:
At last, a meaningful poll that actually calls the options available.
As it's always been for me, administration asap ..... WITHOUT Ridsdale ... he's just more of the same. This club does not need the noughties icon of what has gone wrong in English football. We need to be what we are.
The vote is already beginning to show how Ridsdale would split our support and club... big time.

This.

N

northcountryboy

knecht":317ym1gt said:
Keepitgreen":317ym1gt said:
Either of the admin options for me. I gather that the 3 who have gone for A are either relatives of the directors or have done so with the loss to local businesses in mind. I also feel for them but admin and getting shot of ALL the current lot really is the only way forward.

I was one of the three. I cannot tell a lie :oops: . I am not related to any of them. I don't even really support them.

This whole affair is so much like a labyrinth that my head is spinning. I defy anyone who has tried to reduce it to simplicities. Be honest - without wanting to re-open redundant debates - how many of us really understand the legalities or the financial details? How many of us (none?) know what has gone on behind the scenes up to now and, for all we know, are continuing to go on? I don't like conspiracy theorists but the likelihood of dealings and double dealings by any combination of the board &/or their advisors is mind-boggling. I have resisted the simplicities of playing "goodies & baddies".

BUT, my vote went there only because my preferred option wasn't there. In fact, I am not even sure it is a possibility - ie to have a new board and not go into administration. Is that asking for too much? Probably.

I wouldn't want the shame and possible ridicule going into administration might bring from other supporters. I don't want us to be yet another statistic in football's finances. I don't want the armchair fans who "support" Man U or similar to have any more reason to claim superiority. And, as you suggested, I certainly wouldn't want local businesses to lose out because of cock-ups by one or all of the board. It was a case of the least worst of the options. (On the other hand I am tired & very preoccupied with more stressful things so I may be talking nonsense....not for the first time).

I have followed Argyle for 50 years. I have shivered on the open terraces of pits like the old Walsall ground. I have enjoyed us beating Rushden & Diamonds and watched us rise from there. I have watched us being slaughtered at Ninian Park and still followed them. I have stood on Stalybridge Station at midnight on my own trying to get back "home" to the Midlands from watching us lose at Leeds in the cup. I have been attacked coming out of Hillsborough. I have watched us play the worst football I have ever seen at Oxford's old ground when Kemp ruled and I came back for more. I used to be able to name all of our goalkeepers since I first watched Argyle in about 1960 - because it was important. I have stood in Northampton's soul-less excuse for a stadium. I enjoyed Noddy's entertainment, watched Umbrella Vi wave as the teams came out, laughed when Rex (The Battling Bus-driver) ran onto the pitch. I have tried to listen to the results on a crackling short-wave radio in the desert getting excited as the results for our match came closer. I have stood on the Devonport End (the best); I have stood on the Mayflower; I have sat in the Lyndhurst. I saw Mike Bickle play! I watched the best pairing we have ever had up front - Paul Mariner & Billy Rafferty - they were beyond brilliant. I have watched the World Cup being carried around the pitch. I even once caught the ball as it flew into the crowd and threw it directly back to Alan Nicholl. A middle-aged man getting excited by that!!! The peak of my career. I still get a shiver when I hear a marching band play Semper Fidelis. If I am able, I will join the demonstration in the park tomorrow. Many others on here could tell similar tales. A football club is not a matter of life and death - it is far more important than that!

Of course saving us from insolvency is essential but don't take for granted that a new team at the top will solve everything. Look at Portsmouth. Oh bugger! What a mess!

No other agenda. Honest.

(Slopes off to be, exhausted :oops: ......)

Brave comment.

I questioned people's reasoning for their hatred due 'knowledge' of what goes on in the boardroom and Paul Stapleton's apparent 'greed' but you can't argue it has been a mess.

P

PASTIE

I think that is a fabulous post and I was so pleased to read it.

Admittedly I am just in from the pub, but I voted option 1 too. That makes me number 4 I believe.

Is this a vote of support for the board? No.

You gave me the option of what is my favoured scenario and therefore I took fantasy as an option. For the sake of all the local creditors I would hope that this bunch pay off THEIR debts AND that the club survived. If their errors bankrupt THEM and not the club or those who work with them then so be it. Administration seems so unjust.

Once settled up and their mess cleared up they can frig off and take Ridsdale with them and the club can claw back some credibility from a less low base, preferably with someone content to run the club rather than profiteer from its potential taking over.

Not going to happen, but you asked what I would like...

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knecht, lovely and nostalgic post. Good memories, some made up of bad experiences. However:

Would you buy a club with 13m of debt, or one in admin with 1.3m of debt? Sadly I think today will be a formality for admin, but at least the club will go on. I will also be up the park.

P

PASTIE

Babararacucudada":j4eb24tp said:
Excellent stuff from Knecht above.

I just voted for #1. Rescued by the board with no admin.

I'm shocked that people seem so keen for us to go into administration whether under Ridsdale or not (out of the two the "no Ridsdale" option appeals the most but without knowing who the alternative is how can we decide?).

If we do then costs, all costs, will be cut to the bone by the administrator. It is not an exaggeration to suggest that over half of the non-playing staff will lose their jobs with no redundancy available. So whilst Pasoti is raising money to cover their wages and praising their commitment, loyalty and dignity it is also voting to sack them. As double standards go that is right up there at the top of the leaderboard.

Also we have no income. We have no cash. We can't afford to pay an administrator. If one gets appointed the only way that he could be paid would be by selling the ground to the highest bidder. Just what might the ramifications of that be?

The incompetents who are responsible for this mess would also weasel out of their responsibility to pay their incurred bills in full as the various creditors would get stiffed.

It is possible that 25% of the creditors vote against a CVA meaning that we end up being liquidated.

That is what going into administration means. For the reasons given I voted against it but please do not interpret this as being supportive of the board; I think they should all write off their loans, equities and everything else they have put in, sell HP to PCC to raise some cash and sell up pronto just before they sprint away into the distance. That is the only honourable strategy available other than biting the bullet and being liquidated.

Hunted this thread out to check I wasn't alone and that i am allowed back on!

Well said and phew.

The next stage of this could be very painful. I hope I'm wrong.