Wembley 1996 Reunion | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wembley 1996 Reunion

Sep 29, 2015
Come and join us on Friday 8th October for the Wembley 1996, 25 year reunion. Come and relive the final with Steve Cherry, Paul Williams, Ronnie Mauge, Micky Heathcote, Martin Barlow, Chris Billy, Adrian Littlejohn, Chris Leadbitter, Danny O’Hagan and the man who masterminded it all NEIL WARNOCK.
VISIT WWW.argylelegends.co.uk to purchase your ticket.ArgyleLegendsPoster.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 8, 2005
A real boring final, I thought, until the goal went in, and it was then all hands to the deck.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Still Argyle heroes though.

The other side who made it to the final, showed us up in my opinion.

No heart.

Reactions: David Doidge
Feb 13, 2021
I was playing golf in Barbados at Sandy Lane and when I enquired about the match result the bottles began to pop that night

Aug 5, 2015
Yes boring match, we get to go to Wembley so often it was hardly worth bothering about even though it did mean we only got to play one season in Div 4, until recently. Don’t know what the fuss was about. Why 40000 Janners went to Wembley is just beyond me! Oh yes I was there, I forgot.

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge
Feb 13, 2021
That is a fair question. In those days you would not know what the BBC World Service on Saturday afternoons would be covering therefore the choice was made to play golf in the morning.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
That is a fair question. In those days you would not know what the BBC World Service on Saturday afternoons would be covering therefore the choice was made to play golf in the morning.
It was only in jest Tony! Sandy Lane - very nice too. I walked through reception once when we intruded from the hotel next door 😀. I read an article about it in the Torygraph just last week. Cheapest room £950 a night 😱

Feb 13, 2021
Thank you, I lived by the BBC World Service, many a tale to tell about Saturday afternoons (GMT). Once hearing an Argyle victory away at Brighton only to learn some fifteen minutes on the classified scores to learn that we had lost,!!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Thank you, I lived by the BBC World Service, many a tale to tell about Saturday afternoons (GMT). Once hearing an Argyle victory away at Brighton only to learn some fifteen minutes on the classified scores to learn that we had lost,!!!
Me too. Years ago in the RN it was the only way to find out the football scores and they also covered part of the second half commentary of a big match.
“We are now joined by listeners from the World Service”

Tell that t’t young uns today, they just won’t believe yer.