🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Deleted. Meant no offence folks.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2015
You don’t care about one of the greatest moments in our history! Yes it was a crap kit. Yes least said about Macauley the better. Yes we did finish 4th but I bet that would be acceptable today. The point is this was indeed the first time ever we were in the basement but this result meant we only had one season there and we got promoted and went to Wembley. What’s not to care about there?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Only one thing that is embarrassing and it’s not the league we were playing in, it’s not the kit we were playing in, it’s not even the fact that we finished 4th. Hmmm! I wonder what it could be?

Aug 5, 2015
I think the only thing that’s embarrassing is the team photo on GOS which features he who should not be named! Simply the Best went well too

Jun 27, 2019
It may only have been the fourth tier of English football but it was still a great day. If you have to be in the fourth-tier playoff final you may as well do it properly, and the Green Army certainly did that. Seeing our half of the stadium almost completely blanketed in green was something I will never forget; contrast that with the Darlington fans, who probably only filled a couple of blocks.

It wasn't the best game and Darlington probably edged it, certainly the first-half anyway, but they were a good side that season and we hadn't even managed to score against them in the two league games so it was a relief to get past them at Wembley.

The celebrations afterwards were the best part of the day. Just a shame we didn't manage to build on it under Neil Warnock; we were back in the basement again two years later.

Oct 31, 2015
I don't/didn't remember the first half even back then because of the alcohol consumption before the game. The pubs were buzzing with Green that day. Remember the goal though in the second half..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jan 2, 2010
I wonder if these pivotal games are as memorable for the players as the fans? I mean they move on, new teams and all...