Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
This is the most annoying on the mobile site.

Do we really need this information here where arrowed? If we do, why cant they be condensed into a single line under the thread title with a smaller font OR have it to the right of the thread title as it is on the PC version?

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
On the PC, liking the upgrade, thanks :clap:

Information at the bottom is great, although the league table is bloody depressing!!

sglanvil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Dec 8, 2010
New changes a good step forward, but fully agree with LC re losing (or reducing the font of) the stats to focus on actual posts.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Lundan Cabbie":39hb5o31 said:
OR have it to the right of the thread title as it is on the PC version?

As far as I am aware it IS the PC version. The new template is the same for all screen types, it automatically wraps/fits the data according to the width of the display screen. (Known as a responsive website)

To remove the information on mobile, dgaddy and co. would need to develop a separate mobile version - which negates all their recent work. The alternative would be to lose it on the desktop too.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Dublin Green":3dqqmt4f said:
The mobile site is not working for me. Impossible to navigate between pages :-(

Not working for me, apart from this discussion. The main forums are still difficult to read as the threads seem to not be separated..

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":1tge2o0r said:
Lundan Cabbie":1tge2o0r said:
OR have it to the right of the thread title as it is on the PC version?

As far as I am aware it IS the PC version. The new template is the same for all screen types, it automatically wraps/fits the data according to the width of the display screen. (Known as a responsive website)

To remove the information on mobile, dgaddy and co. would need to develop a separate mobile version - which negates all their recent work. The alternative would be to lose it on the desktop too.

Then couldn't it "respond" to turning my phone to landscape view? At the moment, if I turn my view through 90 degrees to give more screen width, I just get everything down the left hand side and the right hand side wasted.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paul,

It’s the Customer Service Dept here.

I’m using it, I have (now) no problem with it on mobile and this is what we’ve got. I, and hundreds of others are very happy with it.

I’ve literally no idea what you’re on about but any change from here on in will be tiny ones.

Ian

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Saying that, I've never liked the idea of number of posts being displayed etc, so there's room to trim I reckon.

Gaddy's going to have another look this afternoon and see what he can do.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Apologies if already been mentioned but on the mobile version could the area where you click to respond to someone’s posts by quoting them be at the end of their post not the beginning?

Many thanks again for all the effort gone into these upgrades, it’s very much appreciated! :thumbup:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2p6ma65a said:
Paul,

It’s the Customer Service Dept here.

I’m using it, I have (now) no problem with it on mobile and this is what we’ve got. I, and hundreds of others are very happy with it.

I’ve literally no idea what you’re on about but any change from here on in will be tiny ones.

Ian

You asked for feedback Ian. After more than 10 years on here, surely I'm more than qualified to help point you in the right direction and I am still coming across things that I believe should be brought to your attention.

I would have expected a greater scope to be able to correct more than just "tiny" issues. I mean, if you can't get it right at this point, you will struggle to change things further down the line. Surely it comes with a warranty from the developers.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
David Gadd is developing it Paul, plus a few of his staff when they have time.

I did ask for feedback and it IS appreciated.

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
The one little thing that I have noticed is that the links in posts no longer open in a new tab.
I'm so used to closing the new tab after viewing so now close the tab that pasoti was running on.

tonsk

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We've no idea why that has happened on a few random posters. Maybe it counts the number of sensible posts. :greensmile:

Saying that, it's not dropped any of mine so that disproves that theory.