Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Welcome to the new Pasoti. MOBILE VERSION FIXED

Dec 3, 2005
Go away for a week and all change - but it looks great - much cleaner and I like the League table below and the fixtures :)

Mar 30, 2019
....still getting used to the update, but one observation:-
Both on PC and mobile, hitting "Next Topic" sometimes results in an almost blank screen. I assume this is happening when one is already viewing the most recent topic, but not 100% certain as the most recent topic can change very quickly.
Not a big deal, but could the default be changed to seeing all the Topics, rather than blank screen.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
All the ‘off the shelf’ adjustments have been done now.

The next stage is for the slightly cleverer stuff is to be done. Working on the amount of ‘white space’ on the mobile version is to be looked at.

Then hopefully a couple of nice to haves like ‘thumbs up’ and easier image uploads if that is possible to do.

Oh and by the way, the zoom in and out (again on the mobiles) is now working well.

One thing you Android people might like to check is your ‘text size’ settings on your phone are set to. Maybe a selection of a smaller text might help some of you.

Work in progress but pleased with the results so far. Apart from a few issues that have been or will be sorted.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You will Carl, it's called advertising. :greensmile:

Joking apart, it's what allows us to give stuff to PAFC and Argyle related stuff, so we're not ashamed of it.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Love the concept and big thumbs up for the effort gone into it but I don’t like it :oops:

Entirely my taste and the fact I don’t like change of something is working fine already. Maybe time will sway me but I find it just a little more effort to get to the threads I want to read an comment on. Some will see that as a positive in itself but it sways me not to read-comment on here as much as I usually did.

Much appreciated thou of course

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree about the ‘newness’ it always takes a time before you get used to it.

Like the one before that and then the one before that. We’ll get used to it, and come to love it.

If you stand still Tuggers, you’ll end up going backwards and we don’t intend to do that.

There will be a few nice touches coming up, which our advertising allows us to spend money on, do you can look forward to that.

This site is very well respected hence people wanting to support it, so the rewards to this site and to our football club will significantly increase.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
If you're still after things to tweak, the button to return to the forum you're in when browsing a thread does fit all the text in on mobile, nor does the "Jump to X forum" button beneath it.

Not a major problem I know, just something I've noticed.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Getting my head around it nicely, only one question, on the mobile all of the forums appear the same so there's no indication whether there's any unread posts in them until you drill in.

Hope that makes sense

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3msv720u said:
Hope you like it.

Months of work have gone into this one.

Nice, neat and clean with lost of information at the bottom of it.

The thumbs up isn't there yet, but a few other things got in the way for a minute.

Test test

Apologies if already covered but I can't be arsed to read 12 pages.

1. When I log in I'm getting the top banner then a blank white space. I have to scroll down to where the content starts.

2. The "go to unread posts" shortcut on the topic list has disappeared. I have to go into a topic then click on the go to unread posts.

3. The indicator of which topics I've posted on has disappeared. My memory is not what it was so this was very useful.

None of these is a big deal but I find the new site less easy to use.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
David_Fisher":dsarv75f said:
2. The "go to unread posts" shortcut on the topic list has disappeared. I have to go into a topic then click on the go to unread posts.

Next to the topic title on the right are the buttons showing pages in the thread (if any) then a single right-arrow followed by a double right-arrow.

The double one takes you to the last post, the single one takes you to the first post you haven't read - if the arrow is green. If not green, or not there, then you have read the whole thread.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Lundan Cabbie":xn4i7c05 said:
Then couldn't it "respond" to turning my phone to landscape view? At the moment, if I turn my view through 90 degrees to give more screen width, I just get everything down the left hand side and the right hand side wasted.

I just remembered to check this.

On my Android turning it to landscape results in the full width being used. I suggest you check you haven't got the phone settings set to not rotate or something.