We should keep Mikel Miller | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We should keep Mikel Miller

Dec 3, 2005
Good. This site allows all sort of rumours, thankfully.

If you don't like them you two options 1) Don't read them or B) Leave the website.

It's a free world. Thankfully.
If it is a RUMOUR, shouldn't it be on the rumour page?

Reactions: briangreen
Jul 6, 2011
We need to up the ante. With potential millions coming in for Morgan, Coops and possibly Gibson, reinvesting that 15/20 mil back into the squad will get us competing further up the table. Mikel is a good player, but his end product isn't championship standard I'm afraid
I think without those 3 we will be relegated even with new recruits.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I really rate Mikel. He has the pace and skill needed to compete at this level and makes a positive contribution with whoever pairs him on the left. I’m a bit disappointed that he hasn’t created more chances for us, but I think that could be improved (in his delivery and strikers getting in more suitable positions).

Jan 9, 2023
I agree with all of that but the big risk is he can only keep fit for 12 games and then out for next 25, comes back for 4 and is injured again. Argyle don't have squad size or depth to keep carrying injured players.

So I would have to say a No, believe Sirolona could do the same job, he has younger legs and fitter.
I'm not sure Sorinola will be getting many games at left back next season.

Or at right back, for that matter.

Oct 1, 2013
Mikel is of championship quality but for me we don’t have the right players to get onto the end of his crosses. Players don’t gamble and his crosses end up with easy clearances from the opposition
Are you his agent?!

His end product is awful, either terrible crossing which is over-hit or behind the goal.
And on the few occassions he's been played in behind, his finishing is worse than Steve MacLeans.

Apr 4, 2004
I think he’s a fantastic payer. I’d like to see someone run past him more often or at least join him to give him an easy ball. High crosses into the box aren’t really much use for us. Although at times he’s so isolated, he has to do something hopeful. We don’t have anyone able or willing to get on the end of those kind of crosses.