We should keep Mikel Miller | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We should keep Mikel Miller

Dec 17, 2016
I have been quietly impressed by Mikel Miller this season. And I think it hampered our prospects of survival when he got injured, although we got there in the end obviously.
I think we should aim to keep him. He is a busy, active kind of player, with pace and a willingness to have a go down the wing, take on defenders and try to get balls into the box. Ok, as some have commented previously, his crosses have not always been the best, but I think he offers us something different, and I think he can be coached to improve his delivery of the final ball...

Mar 23, 2008
I agree. He's great as an impact sub, would be a good squad player. He's up there with Mayor as one of the best dribblers I've ever seen in green.

Reactions: Cornishman

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I would keep him as a squad player, a new manager might improve his crossing ability because too often he smashes a cross across the penalty area, it has too much power for any advancing Argyle attacker and sometimes goes out for a throw on the far side.

He has pace to burn which is always worth having in the squad.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
No thanks. Time to raise the level now. If we are going to play wing backs we need them to be productive going forward and 1 goal, 1 assist is nowhere near good enough and if we are not going to play wing backs then I’m not even sure where he’d fit. Not good enough going forward to be a winger, not good enough defensively to be a left back.

Mar 1, 2023
Just seems like a championship version of Gregg Wylde. Loads of pace and gets you excited and then zero end product.
If players had that much pace and an end product, they will be playing at a higher level! That's why you tend to get one or the other with most wingers.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
I'd keep him too. And actually think his whipped in balls can be very effective if we had the right player or two on the end of them

Dec 17, 2016
I think when he did deliver crosses, our strikers were slow to get into the box to get on the end of them. It was a period when our strikers were low on confidence, so weren't good at gambling and bursting into the box. Plus players like Hardie not really the nippy, sniping type of player you need to get in front of defenders for a tap-in, and our strikers in general not big targetmen big and physical enough to get their head on powerful crosses to bury them in the back of the net, unless you are the huge Joe Edwards v Hull City on Saturday!! 😁

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022
If players had that much pace and an end product, they will be playing at a higher level! That's why you tend to get one or the other with most wingers.
Im not asking for prime Gareth Bale though. I’d say that I would agree with your comment when talking about league two wingers but plenty of wingers in this division are quick and can cross.

Oct 5, 2013
If we do offer him a new contract (which I would think is more unlikely than likely due to his injury history), then he needs to work on his crossing and tailor it to our attackers, and also on his defending to make him less likely to keep getting booked.
His pace and dribbling skills are awesome.
Overall I’d like to see him stay, but he does need to change some things about his play to make his game an attractive proposition for Argyle’s needs next season.