We Are Staying UP | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

We Are Staying UP

Nov 6, 2011
Gillingham, Accrrington and Scunthorpe are all winnable, Barnsley is a toughie but we're good for a point.

I predict a win, 2 draws and a loss in our final 4 games which will be enough for us to stay up.

Then, looking ahead, Adams needs to produce a team that is capable of competing THE WHOLE SEASON in this division. If he doesn't, then it's time for a change. That said, the board also need to back him with a budget that gives him a chance to do this.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
The reality is that there is unlikely to be any significant increase to the playing budget next season.

It will be at least a couple years before any additional income from the Grandstand will filter through to the playing budget, but if we get relegated l doubt there will be any.

The onus is on Adam's to not waste it on unwanted and injury-prone players whilst assembling a bloated squad containing too many players who never actually get on the pitch.

Not every signing will be a hit, that's accepted, but Adam's has to seriously improve his success rate with his signings and get better value for money from his limited budget.

I know this sounds ‘orribly unambitious, but in darker moments like the 2/3 hours following our last defeat and anticipating the unthinkable, am I alone in drawing some comfort from the fact it seems only yesterday we were nearly facing oblivion. After the defeat at Torquay that took us to the foot of league 2, when conference football looked a near certainty, what would you have paid to be worrying about being in a relegation battle from league1?

FWIW I think we’ll just avoid the drop. I would hate to have Accy’s run-in, and only Wimbledon seem to have a relatively easier four games than us. Still squeaky bum time though.

Mar 18, 2014
I think we will just about manage it. Did one of those forecast efforts, and we had to beat Scunny to do it!! Not sure my heart could take it

Oct 20, 2015
jespafc":s5sbhikm said:
Cobi Budge":s5sbhikm said:
I find it embarrassing that staying up is going to be seen as being some sort of big achievement.

Why? That's life. There will be good seasons and there will be not so good seasons. The important thing is supporting Argyle and I'll never be embarrassed about that.

We've had 3 decent seasons in a row and this one has been a bit rocky, but overall our club is steadily progressing.

That is manifestly false. If we were progressing we'd be finishing higher than 7th this season.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
slingsby_pobble":p8n4tx78 said:
jespafc":p8n4tx78 said:
Cobi Budge":p8n4tx78 said:
I find it embarrassing that staying up is going to be seen as being some sort of big achievement.

Why? That's life. There will be good seasons and there will be not so good seasons. The important thing is supporting Argyle and I'll never be embarrassed about that.

We've had 3 decent seasons in a row and this one has been a bit rocky, but overall our club is steadily progressing.

That is manifestly false. If we were progressing we'd be finishing higher than 7th this season.

What did the you expect? Moon?