TWO UP FRONT/Griffiths | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

TWO UP FRONT/Griffiths

B

Baggygreen

He was lost without anyone today. He made no impact on the defence. Fletch should have started with 2 up front from the start. Feeney and chadders changed the game. I doubt fletch will learn from his mistakes

Sep 2, 2008
MrP20":1ixo3pf2 said:
Lets play Griffiths in a two man attack, not a supporting midfielder a la Guerreri.

Two up front Feeney and Griffiths and lets see what difference that makes!

I would like to see two men up front and Gurry just sitting behind them with Lowry, Moseley and Hourihane behind Gurry.

Jan 7, 2004
Listening to the game in the car it was obvious listening that 4-5-1 doesn't work for Argyle even Sparksy and Chris Webb could see this. First time I have heard Chris and he talked a lot of sense tactically. The big Fireman really needs help upfront if he's going to make it here. We got to start playing two up top in the league to make any break through. After we did Exeter got battered. I would love to see the damage Argyle could do if we had the likes of Gurrieri and Lennox on the flanks with PCH / Feeney with Chadders/Fireman/Madjo up top.

B

Barriball

I don't care what anyone says about who he should play with up front or what he's done before, Griffiths was absolutely shocking today and on one cross he even let it go when all he had to do was stick his head on it! Truly awful and anything that came his way came back where it came from, Chadwick way way better!

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Basing a whole performance on one event is ridiculous. If you do not play to someones strengths then it will never work. Did the scouts report properly on his play before we signed him up. Is it the managements decision to disregard those reports, or hope to change him.
Last year was a "lets stay here hopefully" but now the attitude must change to "lets get of here". Play to strengths not to hope it works.

Do you not remember the abuse Chadwick got when playing up front on his own over the past years as we sank dowm.

Oct 28, 2011
The game Griffiths came on at half time and lasted for 20 minutes before being substituted was the best play from a forward I have seen at home park in years!

Thats because he piled people forward and supported him!

Sep 23, 2005
Barriball":2pzjz9c0 said:
I don't care what anyone says about who he should play with up front or what he's done before, Griffiths was absolutely shocking today and on one cross he even let it go when all he had to do was stick his head on it! Truly awful and anything that came his way came back where it came from, Chadwick way way better!
This

Jul 6, 2011
MrP20":37y11vyh said:
Lets play Griffiths in a two man attack, not a supporting midfielder a la Guerreri.

Two up front Feeney and Griffiths and lets see what difference that makes!

The last time they played together they looked good and both scored, couldn't have been an accident. Fletch has to change his ideas & get two up there pronto.

Jul 6, 2005
MAZZA26":1p1uo57i said:
Hold on a minute - I thought Gurrieri who was Griffith's support man was having an excellent game? What's going on here?
Once again, you were obviously watching a different game.

Gurrieri is a lightweight who doesn't actually create much and usually loses the ball trying to beat too many players. I cannot think of one time in the first half when he linked up with the woeful Griffiths.

We looked significantly better once they had both been dragged off because when we went 4-4-2 we created far more pressure and could have won the game if we had kept all 11 on the field.

Jul 6, 2011
Green_Matt":30db6kpb said:
It comes to something when we have a forward who's spent a lot of his career playing at a higher level and internationally on the bench, while a recently former semi-pro ploughs a lone furrow. Feeney may not be a world-beater but I'm convinced that we could be utilising him more effectively. Putting him in the starting XI would be a start.

Are you talking feeney? :lol: He certainly isn't a worldbeater... But he does run around well and fall over easily and score his customary 4 goals a season, very useful

Dec 19, 2008
Listening on the radio, Chris Webb is not this pro-Fletch sheep that some like to paint him as. He wasn't pleased that we started one up front and wasn't pleased when Gurrieri was taken off and he certainly wasn't there as a club sponsored ambassador - he even stated at one point that the club needs to either back Fletcher in January or get rid of him.

Interesting point from the above for me was that Mr President did deride Griffiths up front on his own and commented that he wouldn't have scored the amount of goals he did for his previous club as a lone striker. Just because he's 6ft + doesn't mean he should be used as a target man - target men don't score that many goals. People seem to think Griffiths isn't up to this standard but perhaps the issue is, Fletcher isn't playing the formation that Griffiths is used to - another striker up there with him is a must. Perhaps Feeney and Griffiths up front together would yield more goals.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Oct 27, 2012
I agree that feeno needs to be up front with griffiths, as they are both good players and griffiths clearly knows how to score, he just needs more support. Feeney is also an experienced striker and last time they played together it worked.

Feb 21, 2011
hairy j":a50ogye9 said:
Listening on the radio, Chris Webb is not this pro-Fletch sheep that some like to paint him as. He wasn't pleased that we started one up front and wasn't pleased when Gurrieri was taken off and he certainly wasn't there as a club sponsored ambassador - he even stated at one point that the club needs to either back Fletcher in January or get rid of him.

Interesting point from the above for me was that Mr President did deride Griffiths up front on his own and commented that he wouldn't have scored the amount of goals he did for his previous club as a lone striker. Just because he's 6ft + doesn't mean he should be used as a target man - target men don't score that many goals. People seem to think Griffiths isn't up to this standard but perhaps the issue is, Fletcher isn't playing the formation that Griffiths is used to - another striker up there with him is a must. Perhaps Feeney and Griffiths front together would yield more goals.
Would rather see Chadders with Feeney or PCH as our two, Griffiths can maybe be used as an impact sub everytime I've seen him this season I have been completely underwhelmed.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Anything less than two up front is not setting an attacking team. It's more defensive.