Trust Board calls for PASB election to be aborted | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust Board calls for PASB election to be aborted

T

Tim Chown

As an update, the good news is that a Trust board member met a club board member last night at the match, as a result of an offer to talk by the club.

As a result, we hope to put something to the club as a proposal later today. We won't say any more just yet until we have their reaction to that.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Tim Chown":373h043a said:
As an update, the good news is that a Trust board member met a club board member last night at the match, as a result of an offer to talk by the club.

As a result, we hope to put something to the club as a proposal later today. We won't say any more just yet until we have their reaction to that.

Tim - Has there been any response from Home Park?

Closing date for votes is next Friday so with second class post to London these need to be sent early next week.

Argyle have had plenty of practice at apologising for "own goals" this season yet it's two weeks now and the silence on this latest cock-up is deafening.

T

Tim Chown

Our proposal is with the club - we want to give them the opportunity to respond to our latest letter before commenting further.

It would have been good to have had at least some club statement I agree, but let's see what unfolds. Part of the problem appears to be who is actually responsible for the running of the election. In Trust elections, it's the EMG, which is independent of the Trust Board but accountable to the members.

Tim

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Tim Chown":yd31krrc said:
Our proposal is with the club - we want to give them the opportunity to respond to our latest letter before commenting further.

It would have been good to have had at least some club statement I agree, but let's see what unfolds. Part of the problem appears to be who is actually responsible for the running of the election. In Trust elections, it's the EMG, which is independent of the Trust Board but accountable to the members.

Tim

Thanks for the update Tim.

As I understand it the club directors are trying to keep their distance from the election process as they want it to be independent of the club but this appears to have resulted in no-one at the club actually supervising / managing / driving the process.

The actual election process has of course been "outsourced" to the Electoral Reform Services but they are presumably dependent upon the data supplied by HP.

I can't see such a reputable body as the ERS making such a schoolboy error (pun not intended!) as to send voting papers to juniors so the question is did Argyle fail to remove details of juniors before the data was sent?

Or if it was Argyle's intention that juniors should be included then why not just come out and say so, though before the event would have been better.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
David_Fisher":149ul4ku said:
Tim Chown":149ul4ku said:

Tim

Thanks for the update Tim.

As I understand it the club directors are trying to keep their distance from the election process as they want it to be independent of the club but this appears to have resulted in no-one at the club actually supervising / managing / driving the process.

The actual election process has of course been "outsourced" to the Electoral Reform Services but they are presumably dependent upon the data supplied by HP.

I can't see such a reputable body as the ERS making such a schoolboy error (pun not intended!) as to send voting papers to juniors so the question is did Argyle fail to remove details of juniors before the data was sent?

Or if it was Argyle's intention that juniors should be included then why not just come out and say so, though before the event would have been better.

:tumbleweed: