Trust Board calls for PASB election to be aborted | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trust Board calls for PASB election to be aborted

Dec 19, 2008
Would it not give a much clearer message to those involved in setting this up for all Trust nominees to stand down from the election process rather than using hindsight to point out all the flaws in the process? Would the Trust nominees stand down from the process and stand up for their collective belief that the process has seen a series of mistakes, failings and problems?

Sep 20, 2003
I have to agree with the Trust board.

As I said in an earlier thread, I have lost all enthusiasm for the PASB as it has stuttered from one error to another.

What credibility will the board of the PASB have with many child votes?

Call it off and start the process again properly.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Wozzer":3jpe4a2u said:

As I said in an earlier thread, I have lost all enthusiasm for the PASB as it has stuttered from one error to another.

Evening Woz

I cant imagine anyone being happy with this latest hiccup, but we await the Club/ERS commenting before giving up.

However, I would say, individual candidates have no influence over these events bar making out feelings known. The PASB has not yet been constituted so difficult for it to take any of the blame when events are outside "its" control.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
I would just like to add my voice to support the Trust in their views.

What a total débacle! Don't worry about Junior votes Tony, Joe voted for you after meeting you at Torquay!!

:D

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Cerbera":1tlwoz0v said:
I would just like to add my voice to support the Trust in their views.

What a total débacle! Don't worry about Junior votes Tony, Joe voted for you after meeting you at Torquay!!

:D

Haha, Rich, as I said at the time, that boys got good taste (particularly pizza!)

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
tonycholwell":2hgti645 said:
Wozzer":2hgti645 said:

Evening Woz

I cant imagine anyone being happy with this latest hiccup, but we await the Club/ERS commenting before giving up.

However, I would say, individual candidates have no influence over these events bar making out feelings known. The PASB has not yet been constituted so difficult for it to take any of the blame when events are outside "its" control.

Tony - I'm assuming you've received no response from HP to your contact on Monday morning?

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
Just picked up this thread will be back in UK Thursday. I'm am not adverse to withdrawing but would like to meet all candidates. At the end of the day agreement could be reached to hold immediate elections on the forming of the board....I do have to agree the process has been shambolic

Jan 1, 2006
Plymouth
I read Trust statement and believe option 2
Is probably a better route as long as all individuals that have come forward are involved in setting the remit and agenda. Whatever happens I will abide by the majority view of the candidates....it remains to be seen if the club will have a view but no blame or criticism should be aimed at any individual that has stood for this election. It has been a farce so far but let's make this thing work for all of us.

Sep 20, 2003
tonycholwell":1hwoofqh said:
Wozzer":1hwoofqh said:

Evening Woz

Tony,

I am aware that none of the candidates can be blamed for this however the Trust and all other supporters groups have a board that has already been voted in by it's members and at least they will carry some remit. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the independents.

T

Tim Chown

Hi Woz,

Good to see three former Trust chairs - yourself, Graham and Jim - agreeing that the PASB election should be called off and re-thought.

Miles, I think those who have put themselves forward deserve better.

Again, the concept is one we can all get behind - good fan-driven governance has to be welcomed. But the execution to date has, as even Tony admits, been a shambles.

Tim

T

Tim Chown

greengenes":hn5qehm5 said:
Bit of a mess isn't it . I,m not aware of the whole story so could someone give a brief account of how this has happened ?

There have been a few problems in getting as far as holding elections for the PASB, which I think most people, including the Trust, have been forgiving of because the people involved are well-intended and the aim of establishing a Supervisory Board is one to applaud - if set up appropriately and given the necessary access to boardroom information it should lead to greater transparency.

Unfortunately now we're in the election period, where things should be better organised, the problems have continued. The club appointed the ERS to run the ballot, which was a perfectly reasonable thing to do. But then hustings were called the day after the election papers were posted out (so voters would not have received them in advance of the hustings), and the hustings were subsequently cancelled. As a result, since there is also no way for voters to ask questions of fans via the ERS or the club, the bulk of the votes will be cast on the basis of only the candidates' rather short 100 word statements. It's hard for fans to find further information on the PASB and election as there is no dedicated section on the club web site for the election. Finally, when ballot papers were posted, they were sent to all club members including around 500 juniors, some aged 5 and under.

Tim

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
I'm amazed that there's been no statement from Home Park.

Presumably Argyle are happy that places on the Supervisory Board will be decided by the votes of children.

L

Lee Jameson

I have read through a lot of post both on here and in another place I have also spoken to some of the candidates.

I beleive that the elections should be aborted and the process to begin from scratch, this is not democracy I however do think it unfair to lay the blame at any individuels door.

T

Tim Chown

David_Fisher":omryc9tw said:
I'm amazed that there's been no statement from Home Park.

Presumably Argyle are happy that places on the Supervisory Board will be decided by the votes of children.

The Trust has not had a response as yet to our requests for a meeting to discuss the problems. The Trust board met on Saturday and agreed that we will write directly to JB on Monday with some constructive proposals to move forward.

It seems the Trust's concerns over the election are shared not only by many of our members including three previous Trust chairmen, but also by other supporter groups who are to be represented on the PASB.

Tim