Truro win the play-offs (merged) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Truro win the play-offs (merged)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Well done Truro

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Great news! A superb effort.

Will Bolitho Park be up to standard for National League south?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
And Bath City!

Also Chippenham slightly further afield.

Argyle and Exeter have plenty of clubs to loan players to next season!
We are now a Championship club. I hope we will be looking much higher up the pyramid to loan our players than the NL(S).

Reactions: Argyleloyal
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
We are now a Championship club. I hope we will be looking much higher up the pyramid to loan our players than the NL(S).
Law was on loan at Gillingham earlier in the season so hopefully we won’t be handicapped by loaning players to ‘local’ teams of a suitable standard. I could actually see Tyreik Wright and Saxon Earley being loaned back to Bradford and Stevenage, respectively. Good news if Bradford are a L1 club next season too.

May 8, 2011
Law was on loan at Gillingham earlier in the season so hopefully we won’t be handicapped by loaning players to ‘local’ teams of a suitable standard. I could actually see Tyreik Wright and Saxon Earley being loaned back to Bradford and Stevenage, respectively. Good news if Bradford are a L1 club next season too.
It is more likely that the 18-21 year olds would be loaned to Truro, just like Finley Craske is this season. He has now got a promotion medal.

Reactions: Fergy

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It is more likely that the 18-21 year olds would be loaned to Truro, just like Finley Craske is this season. He has now got a promotion medal.
Indeed he has, but even after our respective promotions, Truro will still be 4 levels lower in the pyramid. It is simply not a good enough standard to develop.players for the Championship..

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Fully agree with this.

It's not the place to send senior players but for young players who have no immediate prospect of Championship football and who will be getting very little actual playing time, a 3-month spell playing at that level whilst still training with Argyle could be very beneficial.

I will be very surprised if 1 or 2 of Argyle's young Pros don't spend some time there next season.

I'm absolutely delighted for Truro today.

Back in the Covid season when Argyle were promoted on ppg, Truro were looking a good bet win the League but the season was stopped prematurely and there was no promotion or relegation.

I watched a number of Truro games this season, including when they beat Weston away on the Saturday when Argyle weren't playing. Incidentally, from my perspective I saw the best performance by a Referee this season in that game, I believe he got promoted shortly after.

Reactions: inthesky
Oct 10, 2012
I clearly never meant sending fringe players / senior pros on loan there 🤦‍♂️

One of the young lads from Exeter has been at Tavistock this season and I think he said himself and another 8 have been offered pro contracts! I know Exeter can probably “afford” to take a chance on a few more youngsters but that’s still impressive nonetheless.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I clearly never meant sending fringe players / senior pros on loan there 🤦‍♂️

One of the young lads from Exeter has been at Tavistock this season and I think he said himself and another 8 have been offered pro contracts! I know Exeter can probably “afford” to take a chance on a few more youngsters but that’s still impressive nonetheless.
Indeed it is. Exeter's success with young players is to be admired. With you mentioning Craske, I immediately thought those from his era need a higher grade. It is clear that the FA and clubs have got coaching to a much higher level than ever before. For me the next step is to re-introduce proper reserve leagues which are a blend of senior players not in the first team/coming back from injury and young pros.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The Truro situation is all a little bizarre in some ways. I lived in Truro for 10 years and often went to Treyew Road for a midweek game or when Argyle were away, they were my local team after all. Their promotion to NLS is to be applauded of course but if I lived in Truro now I would find it very difficult to identify with a football team that wasn't in my city and played home games 53 miles away and had for a couple of years and will for another year. They would be Truro City in nothing but name.
I'm not sure what the current situation is regarding returning to the city, the last I heard was that a scaled down stadium from the original stadium for rugby and football was at the planning stage and if Truro were promoted they would need to be in the new proposed stadium by March 2024 to comply with NLS rules. Perhaps someone with local knowledge could shed some light on the current situation?

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
The Truro situation is all a little bizarre in some ways. I lived in Truro for 10 years and often went to Treyew Road for a midweek game or when Argyle were away, they were my local team after all. Their promotion to NLS is to be applauded of course but if I lived in Truro now I would find it very difficult to identify with a football team that wasn't in my city and played home games 53 miles away and had for a couple of years and will for another year. They would be Truro City in nothing but name.
I'm not sure what the current situation is regarding returning to the city, the last I heard was that a scaled down stadium from the original stadium for rugby and football was at the planning stage and if Truro were promoted they would need to be in the new proposed stadium by March 2024 to comply with NLS rules. Perhaps someone with local knowledge could shed some light on the current situation?

It's such a weird situation. I'm sure they had a season playing at Torquay United as well which must have been even worse.

I've been to a few rugby games at the Rec in Redruth, that's only 10 minutes away on the train and has facilities that wouldn't be out of place at sixth-tier level I'd imagine, I wonder why they can't groundshare there temporarily. Or even the Mennaye Field down in Penzance.

Treyew Road was horrible from my memories of seeing Argyle play pre-season friendlies there, it always seemed to be freezing cold no matter the weather. But at least it was in the right city.

Oct 10, 2012
It’ll be due to ground grading requirements I imagine. Plymouth Parkway are the real winners here! As far as I’m aware Truro have pretty much paid for that ground to be have been built up to Southern League Prem standard and now likely National League South standard.

Reactions: inthesky