Trouble in a Central park | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Trouble in a Central park

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
Whilst I don’t fully agree with Shankster I can see where he’s coming from. Most of the people I saw looking for trouble were kids. They all were posturing and gesticulating but made no real effort to go beyond this. I would bet that if the police decided to step away and let them go for it most would scatter.

I’ve seen videos from the Eastern European countries now where hooligans meet up in woods or away from grounds and have arranged fights. They avoid the stadiums because they know this will be heavily policed. In this day and age if our element really wanted trouble they could organise it but alas it is pretty much just a bit of bravado in front of pals.

Embarrassing.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Lee Pitt":2at4wbn3 said:
Whilst I don’t fully agree with Shankster I can see where he’s coming from. Most of the people I saw looking for trouble were kids. They all were posturing and gesticulating but made no real effort to go beyond this. I would bet that if the police decided to step away and let them go for it most would scatter.

I’ve seen videos from the Eastern European countries now where hooligans meet up in woods or away from grounds and have arranged fights. They avoid the stadiums because they know this will be heavily policed. In this day and age if our element really wanted trouble they could organise it but alas it is pretty much just a bit of bravado in front of pals.

Embarrassing.

So we are saying that the INNOCENT poor guy from the Isle of Man who was a Liverpool supporter, who was attacked by an Italian supporter outside Anfield did not deserve any police protection, despite suffering horrendous brain damage and unfortunately will be a cost to the NHS and Social services probably for the rest of his life. If the police stepped away from policing football games as a new adopted policy, incidents like this would multiply with attacks on innocent supporters at certain high risk games, purely because they exhibit their teams colours. I certainly would not support any policy of 'letting them go for it'. My tax liability is high enough already without funding further demands by the NHS and Social Welfare. We are meant to be civilised in the second decade of the 21st century

Oct 16, 2016
NHS doesn’t operate in Ireland. You’ll note the ‘like minded’ aspect.
Allowing the kindred halfwits to fight each other is a solve-all for the innocent bystander aspect

The point about ‘wearing colours’ is nonsensical, football hooligans don’t wear ‘club colours’ the days of fighting with scarves around your wrist died a death in the 70’s. football hooligans don’t tend to attack ‘normal supporters’ (albeit there are always troglodytes)

Jan 26, 2006
Plymouth
Quintrell_Green":18mfp10i said:
Lee Pitt":18mfp10i said:

Embarrassing.

So we are saying that the INNOCENT poor guy from the Isle of Man who was a Liverpool supporter, who was attacked by an Italian supporter outside Anfield did not deserve any police protection, despite suffering horrendous brain damage and unfortunately will be a cost to the NHS and Social services probably for the rest of his life. If the police stepped away from policing football games as a new adopted policy, incidents like this would multiply with attacks on innocent supporters at certain high risk games, purely because they exhibit their teams colours. I certainly would not support any policy of 'letting them go for it'. My tax liability is high enough already without funding further demands by the NHS and Social Welfare. We are meant to be civilised in the second decade of the 21st century

I didn’t mean step away completely I just meant step aside just once when two groups of gesticulaters are being brave behind police lines. As Shankster says, let the like minded half wits get on with it if that’s what they want but inevitably innocent people will get caught up from time to time.

If people are intent on fighting you would think they could do it in a boxing gym or similar and not involve everybody else.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Man is, was and always will be a creature of violence. Whether this is numpties at football matches, state sponsored violence, i.e. wars and suppression, single/mass/serial killers, sponsored by religious beliefs etc. etc. The list and degrees of violence is endless and no amount of hand wringing will stop it, believe it or not some folk enjoy hurting and being hurt by their fellow man. It has been going on since before we walked upright, although certain groups of knuckledraggers haven`t progressed very far. Shankster is putting a lighthearted but not too ridiculous a spin on it.

Oct 16, 2016
I will never understand why like-minded oxygen thieves are afforded such resource and social angst?
Find a safe area, corden it off, invite the ice cream and burger van to the periphery and let them crack on.

As a youth I was involved in the scene for a while, before Maggie started her ‘vendetta’ against the English disease and the common-or-garden football fan, because that’s what she did, she tarred you all with the same brush and treated you all like criminals. It’s tribal and partisan and for a while you feel like part of a tight knit and kindred group, you can’t explain or excuse it, it takes over you. But everyone has to grow up..

Jan 19, 2019
I saw quite a bit of aggro. Nothing like the old days though just a bit of over the line banter and threats to kill etc... I remember Bristol City about 20 years ago... my god what an eventful afternoon that was at the Cherry Tree... my husband and his mates had a tear up with City fans who came looking for aggro... they found it..