Training Camp in Spain (v Europa Point FC) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Training Camp in Spain (v Europa Point FC)

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Marbella is only about 30 minutes nearer to Campoamor than Gibraltar…. Must be trying to acclimatise the new signings and triallists to the 5 hour coach journeys!
I once saw CF Marbella play Bayern Munich in the Marbella stadium if that’s where the match is but other golf hotels also have first class pitches, such as Atalaya, La Quinta and La Cala ( not quite Marbella)

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Shame I am sure the forces out in Gib would have loved to see this game, wonder why it was cancelled?I usedView attachment 4520
I would hazard a guess that the number of serving military in Gibraltar can, these days, be measured in the low hundreds, if not the dozens. Make no mistake, Gibraltar is certainly no longer a serious military base. To put things into perspective, Argyle's first team squad has more players in it than the Royal Navy has surface warships. And of the few we have, some are paired and never go to sea at the same time (Albion and Bulwark for example).

• Wow
Reactions: jayb

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
My father contacted the club and the game, apparently, is in Marbella behind closed doors and no fans will admitted. A shame, considering the success of the last trip with Ryan. Hopefully this means that we have numerous high quality trialists that we wish to hide from the world ☀️View attachment 4590
Shame no fans can watch this time at Marbella. I am in the picture above at La,Manga. It was a good morning out after watching a couple of training sessions at Campoamor earlier in the week.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Interesting to read that Schumacher is declining to say where we are going to be based and playing and he wants it to be played behind closed doors due to want to work on a few things and he says they have got a couple of ideas that we want to have a look at.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Interesting to read that Schumacher is declining to say where we are going to be based and playing and he wants it to be played behind closed doors due to want to work on a few things and he says they have got a couple of ideas that we want to have a look at.
It's not a secret though is it? They are booked in at Campoamor Golf unless plans have changed in the last few days. Preston are there this week and played Getafe and Wigan follow Argyle. Forest and Coventry are 10 miles down the road and play eachother at Pinatar Arena, San Pedro this week. I'm surprised they are travelling to Marbella for a friendly, though to be fair they might be flying back from Malaga rather than Alicante.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's not a secret though is it? They are booked in at Campoamor Golf unless plans have changed in the last few days. Preston are there this week and played Getafe and Wigan follow Argyle. Forest and Coventry are 10 miles down the road and play eachother at Pinatar Arena, San Pedro this week. I'm surprised they are travelling to Marbella for a friendly, though to be fair they might be flying back from Malaga rather than Alicante.

Has it been confirmed the team are staying at Campoamor Golf?
There's also the Marbella Football Center where we had pre-season training a few years ago.
The match against the Gibraltar team, which has apparently been cancelled, is close to Marbella.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It might have changed in recent days Postey. I can't check as I am currently in the UK but a friend, a Burnley supporter was there last week and said PNE, Argyle and Wigan were all on the board in the Campoamor hotel reception as being there late June to early July in that order.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
It might have changed in recent days Postey. I can't check as I am currently in the UK but a friend, a Burnley supporter was there last week and said PNE, Argyle and Wigan were all on the board in the Campoamor hotel reception as being there late June to early July in that order.

That order is wrong Wigan is there now, and PNE goes a day before we leave I think

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff

Lucky we’re trying to keep quiet about where we’re staying 😂😂

Reactions: plymade

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I missed Schuey's comments to that effect. Strange really. Last time fans were welcome at training and matches. Lowe is actively encouraging Preston fans to come and watch them train and play Getafe. As long as all the secrecy results in a few extra goals and points then it will be mission accomplished I guess.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I did hear the flight to Spain was cancelled yesterday, hopefully the squad will get a flight today.