Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Crowdfunder is for TUST not club affiliated.

Saying that, I'm hanging off arranging anything until we know his moves.

Jul 29, 2010
Yeah I know that, I guess what I meant was folk could be hanging back because the little boy has cried wolf, but no wolf has appeared.

If there's no administration there's no fight, ergo no fighting fund required.

They're away to Weymouth today so there's plenty of time to organise a boycott for Dartford on the 9th.

The well intentioned but ultimately self defeating act of giving CO lots of money v Aveley could do with, in my opinion, being backed up with an equal and opposite show of strength... "we can turn up in numbers, we can stay away in numbers, its our club not yours, so go" 👋🏻

Won't happen though, I don't get the sense they are sufficiently engaged/animated enough for that. Worse thing that could happen on the 9th is giving him another payday. But the crowd dropping back to average-ish levels sends out almost as bad a message... apathy.

Jul 29, 2010
Sensible to move this to the Football Forum now mods. Any pressing urgency in the situation has long since disapated as it looks increasingly like a little boy (CO) crying wolf.

Caution advised for their game on the 23rd folks. Unless he goes through with his (empty?) threat I for one won't be coming down or buying a 'ghost' ticket. Contribute to the Trust fund instead.

Reactions: SurreyJanner

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
Sensible to move this to the Football Forum now mods. Any pressing urgency in the situation has long since disapated as it looks increasingly like a little boy (CO) crying wolf.

Caution advised for their game on the 23rd folks. Unless he goes through with his (empty?) threat I for one won't be coming down or buying a 'ghost' ticket. Contribute to the Trust fund instead.
I do wonder whether his threat of administration is in some way trying to pressure the council into doing a deal on planning permission. Very odd that they haven't actually entered administration yet.

Reactions: X Isle

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada

Torquay United bidder offers 'exciting, deliverable vision' says fans' trust​

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Torquay United AFC

@TUFC1899

Points Deduction Confirmed Torquay United have been deducted ten points from the 2023/24 National League South table, after the club submitted its intention to appoint administrators.

Mar 1, 2024
Wigan
When was the last time the Gulls league position was higher than ours? I have a vague memory it was not that long ago, certainly this century.
It would have been 2011/12 where they made the play offs and we just about survived.
Relegated the following season. I remember missing Rochdale’a goal because we were celebrating Torquay going 2-0 down.

Reactions: boletus edulis