Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Torquay United SOS (TUST submit bid to buy TUFC)

Sep 22, 2020
My concern for Torquay is that they do not have a higher home park development/profit making opportunity for a would be investor to realise in the name of saving the club.

fan ownership is surely the best way forward for the Gulls. Exeter have shown this is a strength whilst keeping the club within its viable spending limits.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Yep I agree, smaller clubs need to do this when in trouble.

Problem is , there must be a tipping point (crowd wise) when it won't work.

Are TUFC below that line?

Reactions: Argyle1968
Oct 10, 2018
Come on you green supporters. Just remember Brighton supporters who helped us!!
I can remember my mate winning there lottery I was with him when he was presented with his money. They welcome us very well even though we are Argyle supporters. It was a great day for me as I watch my hero playing for the Gulls.(Tommy Tynan)
I to hope an investor like Ryan Renald's comes along, can just imagine plugging faulty towers with John Cleese. A great family club, we have helped to bring on some of our loan signings just ask Randell.

Reactions: E4pilgrim
Jul 18, 2011
My concern for Torquay is that they do not have a higher home park development/profit making opportunity for a would be investor to realise in the name of saving the club.

fan ownership is surely the best way forward for the Gulls. Exeter have shown this is a strength whilst keeping the club within its viable spending limits.
Rochdale could well go bust soon and it seems fan ownership is part of the problem. They need an immediate injection of £2 million and it’s unlikely to come from the fans. There’s an article about it today in The Guardian

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Says who?...

The club...

Currently run by a puppet of?...

Clarke Osborne 😉

Administration firms work 24/7, 365. He's had days to turn his 'intention' into reality. I don't wish any club to go into administration, in this case however they're in a limbo position as it stands and taking the hit would at least give them clarity and focus.
I don’t often agree with @X Isle but in this situation, he’s right.

Until we see proof that the money is not going to CO, then we have to assume it is.

The club have said it themselves

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Not sure how true it is but a Argyle fan went to Torquay’s club shop, purchased 10 shirts and handed them back to be re sold

Nov 18, 2011

For Torquay to be fan owned it'd require Clark Osbourne to transfer his shareholding for a nominal fee to the Supporters Trust. Everything I've read about the man suggests that he'd never agree to that.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Crowd funder seems to be virtually at a standstill.
Not publicised too well