Tony Waiters R.I.P | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tony Waiters R.I.P

Dec 29, 2011
RIP Tony
My dad used to take me occasionally in the early 70's and I managed approx 10 games home & away 74/75 season .Will never forget the Palace cup match and Furnell's penalty save in the last minute from Venables .Still managed to see Argyle's only 2 home defeats that season(Palace & Wrexham) but great memories of the Waiter's reign

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Bernie Bernbaum":1cb5znlu said:
Larry David":1cb5znlu said:
Not a word on the BBC Sport section. Main headline is the mistake made by Greg Clarke referring to black players as coloured players. I’m guessing that means he is racist now.

What's Greg Clarke and his subsequent aopolgy to do with the passing of Tony Waiters? If you have an agenda start a new thread, preferably on the Opinions board.

RIP Tony.

My agenda is the BBC haven’t the space for a eulogy for former England International Tony Waiters but can find a lot of space to castigate Clarke for misspeaking. But thanks for your advice Bernie.

Dec 9, 2012
Sad news. I guess everyone has a favourite season, and for many of us of a certain age, it had to be 1974-5.

Furnell, Hore, Saxton, Green, Burrows, Macauley, Johnson, Delve, Randell, Rafferty, Mariner. I think!

I was in my first year at college in Liverpool and followed Argyle all over the country. Brilliant days.

Such sad news so soon after hearing of Paul Mariner's major surgery.

I am sure a few of us are feeling a little older than usual today.

Feb 28, 2010
Mannamead
Real real sad news.
Undoubtedly has to be one of the best managers we ever had.
Not just successful with promotion, but built a truly iconic team and found probably our best player ever - Mariner.
And, was truly visionary regards influencing the set up (Harpers park creation) and passionately attempted to raise funds.

What a true privilege and honour to meet him at the 74/75 team reunion , and once again, thank you to those who organised this. It was a great afternoon, and Tony was in great form when interviewed.

I hope he can be honoured both when we return to matches and maybe esomething permanent being named after him.

Like so many before, it was his team that introduced and hooked me on Argyle.

Stuart Bloye

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Sep 17, 2003
When I joined the Argyle family, you were our forward thinking leader who inspired and led the team to promotion. You gave me my first set of heroes and first promotion.

Thank you for my first Argyle memories Tony.

RIP

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Yes very sad news to hear. Like so many have said a Manager always held in high regard by everyone. They were exciting times, good teams and crowds make it a memorable era. R.I.P.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
A very good manager well ahead of his time....but fell out of favour with the Argyle Board....

Dec 3, 2005
Just heard this sad news, he was the Manager that made so many happy memories, what a wonderful team we had and a wonderful Manager.
Thank you Tony for my teenage years supporting Argyle such a great period of memories.
RIP you will always be my favourite Manager.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oddball":peezq03u said:
A very good manager well ahead of his time....but fell out of favour with the Argyle Board....

He told us at that luncheon, 'they were scared of me'.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Given the right backing would have delivered div 1 football, RIP Tony, thanks for the best football I have ever seen at home park.