Today's Herald | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Today's Herald

Eve

Sep 25, 2011
I can't believe what the paper has printed today, one of the players backing the manager, more tosh about in the right direction and luck, and talking about big crowds on Saturday.

If Mr Brent reads and believes something like that, not knowing anything about football, our club is lost!

Come on Herald, report it as it really is!

Nov 11, 2006
I wouldn't expect anything less from Hourihane. He's Fletch's golden boy. Already said he's going to build the team around him, and made him captain on Tuesday.

Hourihane knows he's got it good with Flecther in charge.

I also don't care if 'the lads think he's terrific'. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and them thinking the manager is a complete hard nosed b**tard can also work, maybe better.

Nov 3, 2011
'skeard
Of course he wants fletch to stay... he's no doubt realised that any manager worth their salt wouldn't play a small weak slow immature CM week in week out hoping that one day he might be half decent

G

greenscooby

They are hardly likely to says he's absolutely pants are they?

Wonder what the ramifacations would be if they did though? That would certainly make things interesting.

Feb 21, 2011
i_love_green":xozvrx7c said:
Of course he wants fletch to stay... he's no doubt realised that any manager worth their salt wouldn't play a small weak slow immature CM week in week out hoping that one day he might be half decent
Plainly a tongue in cheek comment either that or your some sort of fool.

Nov 12, 2012
The Herald in its defence have run articles both critiquing the clubs current position, and reporting the responses from those within the club, this is no diffrent then anyone other local paper would about its city or town football team. Truth is the board will understand this, James Brent is'nt stupid you dont make it to his position by being so. He also can see our league position and how matters are, without the advantage of having full access to the clubs finances. So only a matter of time before he either publically says Fletcher is here for the remainder of the season, or he is to part company. Lets be honest it wont be us making the decision and having to justify our actions to the Sporting media, thank god

Mar 7, 2009
One thing you can say about Fletcher and a difference between him and our ex-doomed managers (Luggy, Peter Reid) is that he has not lost the dressing room.

Talking to the players on matchdays, reading their tweets, seeing their interviews and they are all 100% behind him.

So it's up to them to stop Fletch getting the sack. I think they can do it.

Mar 23, 2008
Player made captain by manager backs manager SHOCK HORROR. Whatever next turkeys voting for Xmas.

Nov 3, 2011
'skeard
BadBoy":1rwu94o8 said:
i_love_green":1rwu94o8 said:
Plainly a tongue in cheek comment either that or your some sort of fool.

Seriously, he's rubbish! He never wins his headers, every time he goes in for a tackle I can't help wincing, he's slooooow (both in terms of physical speed and in thought) other CMs in this league run rings around him. Not good enough and when fletch is replaced he will be out of the team! i can't wait!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Nothing out of the ordinary, as others have said players don't tend to say anything bad about their manager unless they don't want to play for the forseeable or they fancy a spell out on loan. It also doesn't do them any favours if a new manager is waiting in the wings, just suppose you're looking into taking Fletch's job should he be sacked, you're going to be doing your research to put you ahead of other interviewees. If you read about one of your future players kicking the current manager while he's down, yes it might improve your chances of getting the job if there are problems between manager and players but you won't want that player around when you do take charge in case he turns on you.

What annoys me is that it's the same old rubbish trotted out by anyone from the club with acces to the media. Yes it shows a united front where staff, manager and players are all in it together but do they honestly believe that the fans are stupid enough to just sit back and take it? Throwing out the cliches is fine when the team is playing well and everyone is too caught up in the celebrations to care how the manager is praising his players but when results are in the toilet all this bollocks about rub of the greens and games that could go either way just smacks of two fingers to the fans, we'll do it our way whether you like it or not, you fans just sit and clap for 90 minutes and at the end of the day we'll go back to our wonderful family lives and forget all this football lark...

Nothing seems to be being done, again it's just "things will sort themselves out, that's just football" no it's not just football. Fletch, Hourihane, whoever writes these lines you like me or any other person on this planet have to put in the effort to sort things out, nothing is just handed to you and nothing just sorts itself out, that's life

I read something written by John Petrie this morning which I felt was superb and if anyone read it from within the club it should really hit home, I don't know John but as a Trust Leader and a respected member of the Argyle community not just some "give up at the first hurdle" type, he must have to put so many hours into the Trust just for the love of Argyle, someone that has been watching Argyle through thick and thin, if a man like that is begining to consider packing it in or struggling to find the will to go to Argyle then what hope does the club have of keeping the average fan or even bringing back the casual fan. I can sympathise with John as well because when I can't even be bothered to keep upto date with the score of my own team on a Tuesday night then something is fundamentally wrong, I love Argyle and whenever I can make it to Home Park I will do so, hell I spent an hour and a half walking from Bristol Parkway train station to my house at 12:00am because there were no buses just so I could see the Cheltenham game this year. It's these sorts of loyalties that are what Argyle run on the back off and it's these sorts of loyalties that are being pushed to the very limit...

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
"There was lots of talking" Brilliant now just get the playing bit right and were sorted.

Should not get wound up he is only a young kid and It's not his fault but we are such a two bob outfit these days from top to bottom.