Thoughts on Sonny Bradley? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Sonny Bradley?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Larry David":2z61g7mf said:
I think he is a big miss offensively at set pieces. But I lost count of the number of times he lost his man in the penalty area defensively, I think Canavan is a better defensive centre half.

I agree with that. It does concern me as to how well Argyle can defend Luton's corners with Bradley lurking in the goal area to score on Saturday

Jul 28, 2017
Sonny also contributed with some crucial goals. Cheltenham away immediately springs to mind. He may not have been the greatest defensive player to wear an Argyle shirt however I would rather have him in the side than any of the current choices in his position.

No bad feelings about his move and will give him the respect he deserves at Luton on Saturday even if he scores against us.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":3lh4n8ko said:
Kevb77":3lh4n8ko said:
IJN":3lh4n8ko said:
I honestly believe that Canavan will prove to be a better player.

Perhaps that was the thinking behind letting Sonny go.

Quite agree, Canavan has much more composure about him and dare I say, has not yet been turned inside out the way Lyle Taylor and Jack Marriott did to Bradley.

Canavan is not dominant in the air though and neither is the rest of our defence. I don't think Moore has ever won a headerd for example. So it's a serious achilles heel.
i like canvan but i agree he is not the best in the air.the stevenage centre forward out jumped him all match!

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
At the time I was gutted to lose Bradley, but it’s been a while now and we need to move on.. What is most important now is the knowledge that Adams has on Bradley’s weaknesses and try and exploit them - we’ve got some pace and trickery in the forward areas, so maybe we can get the better of Bradley and co on Sat..

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Yep, memories of Sonny are not all golden. A repeat of his chronic indecision, in conjunction with Remi, just under a year ago at Fratton would be nice; cost us the only goal of the game....Grrr! ...( .& Brrr! Bleddy freezing that day....hope ‘tis warmer this Saturday!)

May 8, 2011
According to Adams he offered Bradley a new contract in the summer of 2017, so that should put pay to the stupid comments that Argyle leave it to the last minute to talk contracts.

Sep 27, 2017
IJN":30w04bzg said:
I honestly believe that Canavan will prove to be a better player.

Perhaps that was the thinking behind letting Sonny go.
Interested to hear if you still stand by this opinion IJN after today’s shambles?

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Fair play to Bradley maybe he knew he had gone as far as he could with us ! Rather than us needing a championship standard centre back maybe he needed a championship standard team !
Carey is stealing money this season

Aug 22, 2006
Are we sure that he left us because of the money? I’m not. More to this story than meets the eye I reckon.

Feb 23, 2008
The situation seemed to do an about turn around the time Sonny had the enforced break in hospital?

Maybe that had something to do with each parties' outlook on each other?

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mazza26":n2bmkia7 said:
Are we sure that he left us because of the money? I’m not. More to this story than meets the eye I reckon.
Money and contract length.

Aug 5, 2016
Mazza26":19psw4jn said:

Nope. There were rumours of Luton trying to turn Bradley's head all January. Lo and behold he waits until the summer and signs for? If Luton were prepared to pay £250,000 for six months of his contract, presumably they could afford the pay rise he demanded.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Another conspiracy theory on its way out by the looks at it.

He was offered more money by Luton (which he confirmed in an interview) and as player's careers are normally over within 20 years of turning 18 you can't blame them for trying to earn as much as they can now.

It was clear near the end of last season his mind was elsewhere, maybe there was an offer that came in in January which wasn't good enough to meet the buy-out clause and he was thinking about what he could do with the extra cash.