Thoughts on Ian Foster | Page 231 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Thoughts on Ian Foster

Feb 22, 2022
The good thing about the international break is that IF has had plenty of head space to reflect, assess, revise and / or press down hard on the 'my way' button. Anyone in the "not sure" camp (me included) will surely be able to see enough over the next fortnight to jump off the fence. Hoping I see a few shots on target this afternoon to get me jumping out of my chair. A weekend of redemption for IF?

Reactions: BramcoteGreen
Feb 26, 2022
No one used to shout abuse at the footy in the good old days!
How `ironical` Frank - yes of course they did in the `good old days` when we also had abuse against various minorities and to drift into other areas, way back, we had `badger digging` etc - all manner of ways to express an opinion without getting abusingly offensive I think. Perhaps thats just me .

Feb 11, 2024
How `ironical` Frank - yes of course they did in the `good old days` when we also had abuse against various minorities and to drift into other areas, way back, we had `badger digging` etc - all manner of ways to express an opinion without getting abusingly offensive I think. Perhaps thats just me .
I suspect the comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. Having read one of Gary Nevilles books he talks about the days playing at the old Wembley when on international duty, a group of West Ham fans routinely turned up and shouted abuse at all the non west ham players playing for England however well they/ the team performed. To say its got worse must be ironic, as it definately has not, weve just not been accustomed yo it for a while.

Feb 26, 2022
I suspect the comment was meant to be tongue in cheek. Having read one of Gary Nevilles books he talks about the days playing at the old Wembley when on international duty, a group of West Ham fans routinely turned up and shouted abuse at all the non west ham players playing for England however well they/ the team performed. To say its got worse must be ironic, as it definately has not, weve just not been accustomed yo it for a while.
Well thank you for your guidance on what might be tongue in cheek or not. At least you have not said that I am mistaking reality for this internet message forum !

Feb 26, 2022
I still don't think anyone WANTS us to lose but EXPECTS us to lose
Very clever - playing with words ! I have an impression that you and others are treating this poor situation as a game and disparaging the opinion of others seems like a sport - perhaps I am wrong but you do seem ultra quick with `clever responses` . I tell my granchildren to grow up when they do the same - I would like to be wrong with my estimation of course and I will wait for your clever reply to which I will likely not have the inclination to respond .

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I wasn't trying to be quick and clever, I wasn't intending to pee people off, I am merely writing what I think.
I am an intelligent person but probably lack the required skills to write in a manner which suits a lot of posters.
I never intend on upsetting anyone whether that's in real life or in pretend situations such as Pasoti.
I'm sorry to anyone who feels I have said things they feel are uncalled for or feel its argumentative, its really not my way.

Feb 26, 2022
I wasn't trying to be quick and clever, I wasn't intending to pee people off, I am merely writing what I think.
I am an intelligent person but probably lack the required skills to write in a manner which suits a lot of posters.
I never intend on upsetting anyone whether that's in real life or in pretend situations such as Pasoti.
I'm sorry to anyone who feels I have said things they feel are uncalled for or feel its argumentative, its really not my way.
Your third line ( not the first time I have heard this ) So, Pasoti views are not real life ? Pasoti views are `pretend ? Is that what you really think ? It that is true , I do not know why numerous people post anything on here at all , but might explain more about my perception of your posting, if you feel that it does not matter tomanyone, because it is just pretend ! In your fourth line you say that `argumentative ` is not your way ? My impression is that you really set out to argue and `laughing at` or deriding other views compound my impression. You carry on - makes no real difference to me .

Frank the Phone

🚑 Steve Hooper
Feb 19, 2021
It was indeed!