(Thoughts on a) New Kit for 24/25 season?. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Thoughts on a) New Kit for 24/25 season?.

I absolutely love the Green and Gold, I'm just not sure about the Bond Timber.
That said, it's still better than having that Dustpan Pastry manufacturer on the shirt.

In terms of symbolism being of such great concern regarding the presence of the gold, perhaps we should take the point of symbolism and apply it in respect to this season - a trim of yellowy-brown to represent squeaky bum?

Keep the gold!

Reactions: FriioIsGod

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd love the club to be brave (they won't) and go for a predominantly white kit at home, with green and black trim around the collar and arms.

I am now utterly convinced that our poor home midweek (night) record is down to the camoflaugeness or our kit.

GU7Green

✅ Evergreen
May 10, 2022
Godalming, Surrey
Funny isn’t it, how opinions differ (very healthy of course). I suspect the current one (green and gold) will become a modern classic / collectors in the future but I really really don’t like it. Makes me think of the Springboks rugby team.

I’d like to go back to an emerald green, green and white stripes but this British racing green is where we are, and it’s not going to change.

Yellow away kit please, with some green trim (salivate)

Reactions: SurreyJanner
Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
I'd love the club to be brave (they won't) and go for a predominantly white kit at home, with green and black trim around the collar and arms.

I am now utterly convinced that our poor home midweek (night) record is down to the camoflaugeness or our kit.
Surely this ( if it was even a thing) would be of more benefit than a hinderance. we wear the kit all the time and would get used to it. The opposition would almost definitely have a harder time with it ( if it was even a thing).

Nov 18, 2011
Surely this ( if it was even a thing) would be of more benefit than a hinderance. we wear the kit all the time and would get used to it. The opposition would almost definitely have a harder time with it ( if it was even a thing).
I'm guessing that IJN is referring to our players passing to a teammate, sometimes you only get a brief glance before you have to play the ball, green shirts may make it that much more difficult to pick them out.

It's the reason why Man U famously changed their grey shirts at half time. Fergie was mocked at the time for saying the players couldn't see each other in it but it appears there was some truth in it. Man U were working with a professor at the time who was convinced the grey shirts were a bad idea and it appears she was proven correct:

I always remember the streets of Plymouth as soon as Man U ditched the grey shirts and they were being sold off cheaply, they were suddenly everywhere!

Apr 1, 2017

On Saturday, even though they lost,
I was thinking how much easier it was to pick out the Hull players in their orange ...even on a sunny day.
Why on earth did we change to that shade of green in the first place?

Reactions: greensalt
Feb 22, 2021

Spot on we need some white again ideally shorts

Jul 12, 2016
Surely the opportunity for us to ditch the drab green and gold.What about a proper green black and white kit for our tilt at the Prem in front of millions of Sky viewers..Any thoughts..
I agree. That shirt was not in Argyle colours. Ok for one season but let’s get back to proper green!

Reactions: greensalt
Jul 12, 2016
I absolutely love the Green and Gold, I'm just not sure about the Bond Timber.
That said, it's still better than having that Dustpan Pastry manufacturer on the shirt.

In terms of symbolism being of such great concern regarding the presence of the gold, perhaps we should take the point of symbolism and apply it in respect to this season - a trim of yellowy-brown to represent squeaky bum?

Keep the gold!
Horrible . Much preferred the away kit.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano

Been beating the white kit drum for years Ian! Thanks for joining me 👍🏻

• Snore
Reactions: smudja
Oct 9, 2021
I would have to agree with you Ian
The darkness of our kit makes it hard for the players to pick each other out
A white kit would be much better visually in a night game