The new traditions | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new traditions

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Oh and in response to k-hennes’ earlier post at Anfield I tried to get an oggy oggy oggy going and it met with a half-decent response....at least loud enough for me to hear it when I watched the recorded highlights.
A lot of these changes we can do nothing about but we could do something about this
OGGY OGGY OGGY...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
bringonthemilkman":2e77dcsh said:
Oh and in response to k-hennes’ earlier post at Anfield I tried to get an oggy oggy oggy going and it met with a half-decent response....at least loud enough for me to hear it when I watched the recorded highlights.
A lot of these changes we can do nothing about but we could do something about this
OGGY OGGY OGGY...

Think it is PC gone mad!! Now when we chant we have to go:

Oggy,Oggy,Oggy!!
Other franchises are also available!!
Oy, Oy, Oy.

Slightly off-piste, but when did I start the habit of always having a pee before kick-off, because of the certain knowledge that if I didn’t we wouldn’t score? Then repeat at half-time. I have absolutely no other superstitions, and this has only developed in recent years after 35 years a supporter. Do we all get more superstitious as we get older?

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
mervyn":uefvwngt said:
Slightly off-piste, but when did I start the habit of always having a pee before kick-off, because of the certain knowledge that if I didn’t we wouldn’t score? Then repeat at half-time. I have absolutely no other superstitions, and this has only developed in recent years after 35 years a supporter. Do we all get more superstitious as we get older?

No, we just get weaker bladders :thumbs:

May 16, 2016
kernow19":15wzrcv9 said:
mervyn":15wzrcv9 said:

I've had the same lucky pants on since Warnocks Wembley.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
mervyn":1zgg6521 said:

Might just be an age thing...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Guiri Green":3d4zecdh said:
kernow19":3d4zecdh said:
mervyn":3d4zecdh said:

Can I suggest, for health and hygiene reasons, that you take them off and give them a wash!

Here to advise.

:thumbup:

Jan 12, 2011
Exiled in Cornwall
Guiri Green":1k7i0tzq said:
kernow19":1k7i0tzq said:
mervyn":1k7i0tzq said:

I knew there had to be a plus side to me not being able to attend games.... :sick:
:coat:

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
One that really annoys me is the uncontested drop ball.

Sometimes why can't they be contested properly

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Penlee":340kqllu said:
One that really annoys me is the uncontested drop ball.

Sometimes why can't they be contested properly

I don't remember drop balls often occurring when I started mid 90's so when they did happen they were contested in what looked like 2 players hacking at each other.

They happen too much these days as players fall over in a light breeze in an attempt to control the speed of the game (aka time wasting). The ball should be returned to the team who had it at the point of calling the whistle and they can carry on with what they're doing - i.e. attacking if they were attacking

I know it's not argyle related, but this topic still allows me to get these off my chest. I'd like to know when:

Every sentence suddenly had to start with 'so'.
All history suddenly had to be spoken of in the present tense.
When we stopped saying 'in future' and changed this to 'going forward'.

Rant over. I feel better now.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Commentators saying “the boy xyz” which I believe was started by Brian Clough.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Watching the World Cup ....when did players stop trying to be macho and fall over when a finger touched their backs.

Billy Bremner, Dave Mackay, Ron Harris, Roy Keane or Terry Butcher and others built images where they were fearsome unlikely say Pepe who falls over at every opportunity.