The new traditions | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The new traditions

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Lundan Cabbie":27wbym6q said:
When did goalkeepers start wearing gloves in dry weather?
Not backed up my any research or evidence the first goalkeeper I can recall wearing gloves all the time in all weathers was Sepp Maier a German.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
cheshiregreen":2432fmu1 said:
38 replies on this so far on a relaxing Sunday.

Nobody seems to know when the last home game lap started.. perhaps one for .Memory Man or Steve from GoS?
It is over to GreensonScreen I am afraid! The tradition we lost that I feel the sorriest about is the absence of a show of respect for former players that have passed away. Black armbands and a minute's silence at the next home game was always the way - hasn't happened at HP for several years. (I don't mind the minute's applause instead of silence but we don't seem to do either)

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Bring back the goal kick to be taken from the side that the ball went out of play, ref to enforce. Also,don't read out the names of the teams until they are on the pitch,cheering them when they are still in the dressing room/tunnel,bonkers.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":c8ss0o00 said:
Did squad numbers arrive with the introduction of the Premier League?
Not for us, the lower divisions (i.e. us) started using then in 1999-2000.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
When did the first ball boys run out at H P.

When did Ivor Dewdney vans start selling pasties outside HP

When did stewards first make an appearance at HP

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
memory man":329b9a0f said:
cheshiregreen":329b9a0f said:

Nobody seems to know when the last home game lap started.. perhaps one for .Memory Man or Steve from GoS?
It is over to GreensonScreen I am afraid! The tradition we lost that I feel the sorriest about is the absence of a show of respect for former players that have passed away. Black armbands and a minute's silence at the next home game was always the way - hasn't happened at HP for several years. (I don't mind the minute's applause instead of silence but we don't seem to do either)
I've been to many grounds where at the next home game respects are paid.Argyle used to, but under the present regime do not.Not ideal from my point of view either.....

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
memory man":3eamngdb said:
cheshiregreen":3eamngdb said:
It is over to GreensonScreen I am afraid!
I think it started with the trophy presentation and general celebrations after the Colchester game in May 2004 (two weeks after the QPR game). Checking back on GoS photos, I've none at the end of the last game of the 2002-03 season (against Wycombe), but do have them for the 2004-05 season (at home to Leicester, watched by over 19,000 for a nothing-to-play-for game for either side).

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
When was the last reserve game where the ongoing score of the first team was displayed on the window of the hut between the Grandstand and Barn Park End?

Jun 2, 2016
Did Brian Clough stand on the touch line shouting at his players and complaining about every decision?
When did that 'technical area' nonsense start?

Sep 6, 2006
rongreenblood":2js2ycvi said:
Bring back the goal kick to be taken from the side that the ball went out of play, ref to enforce. Also,don't read out the names of the teams until they are on the pitch,cheering them when they are still in the dressing room/tunnel,bonkers.

I'm curious why the goal kicks is a big deal?

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
there is a story going around about Jimmy Greaves ....that he went out on a Friday night before a home game and got home on Saturday morning more than the worse for wear...in the afternoon he went out and scored a hat trick.....

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Jimmy Greaves on a Friday night was the norm.
Some players back in the day had a few at midday on Saturday just as a top up.