The mighty Grecians at Wembley. | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The mighty Grecians at Wembley.

Feb 2, 2007
Keepitgreen":2p6u9bby said:
mervyn":2p6u9bby said:
Just back after attending with my city supporting mates. Perhaps the best 60 seconds I’ve ever experienced as an Argyle supporter. . All around me stood up to chant ‘stand up if you hate Argyle’, promptly followed by Coventry’s first goal, an absolute peach. Cue stunned silence around me, from which they never recovered.

Dreadful display by city. They simply didn’t want it as much as Coventry. I’m amazed how phlegmatically their fans took defeat for the second year in a row, smiling and chatting happily on their way back to the tube. When we lost I was unapproachable for two weeks.
They're more than likely happy because it means Tis will be on his way.

Absolute morons. That guy is a top level manager at a Mickey Mouse club. Bleddy ridiculous. Having been in many a local in the EX postcodes and listened to the ridiculous vitriol about Alan Nicholls, Luke and Jannie scum I must say I will enjoy their impending decline.

I remember being gutted for about 15 mins after our dismal Wembley Womble but then the kids and I decided, at Carluccios in Waterloo that we would be certs the next season. We kept the faith and we’re duly rewarded.

Love the karma of Covs first goal. :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
mervyn":3ah34t0h said:
Just back after attending with my city supporting mates. Perhaps the best 60 seconds I’ve ever experienced as an Argyle supporter. . All around me stood up to chant ‘stand up if you hate Argyle’, promptly followed by Coventry’s first goal, an absolute peach. Cue stunned silence around me, from which they never recovered.

Dreadful display by city. They simply didn’t want it as much as Coventry. I’m amazed how phlegmatically their fans took defeat for the second year in a row, smiling and chatting happily on their way back to the tube. When we lost I was unapproachable for two weeks.

'Best 60 seconds '. Blimey you need to get out more mate.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
mervyn":3ba7f4ez said:

I assume that your mates didn’t ‘out’ you as an Argyle supporter?

Mar 14, 2009
If Coventry finally get decent backing at league one level this will be some serious competition.

I thought some of the goals today were outstanding.

It would of been nice to have a game to attend closer to home however I've never been to the Rioch Arena and its one game I think will see a very good away following next season.

I do think that was Tisdale's last game. He kept talking about serving notice which I've not really heard a manager say before (when still in a job). Although I think he has made some decent footballing sides on a next to nothing budget I am starting to wonder if tactically he has a flaw. I mean when they went to two up front Stockley finally had a man to head to. Had he been more positive I think they would of played much better, but that's hindsight for ya.

davie nine":2ym729n8 said:
mervyn":2ym729n8 said:

I assume that your mates didn’t ‘out’ you as an Argyle supporter?

It’s interesting, now i’m In my seventies I don’t try to hide my Argyle allegiance, even when I’ve sat in the Flybe stand to get a better view for Argyle away games at Sid James. I suspect younger fans just see me as an eccentric old geezer, and I’ve never had any bother.

Aug 26, 2011
Having sat in their stands for our games up there and witnessed their pure hatred towards us by a significant number

Just a perfick end to the season

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Speaking after the game, Tisdale said:

"The whole situation of me being served my notice 18 months ago, it’s been really surreal.
"And how it happened, with some supporters getting together on the terrace and deciding they’d had enough.
"Did it reflect all the supporters? Latterly, I’ve been told probably not.
"The way the club is run, that probably needs to be looked at going forward, whether I’m manager or not."

He's had plenty of time to sign a new contract so I think he'll be gone.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
I think Edwards might be worth a look?

I agree, Tisdale is gone (but it wasn't his choice).

If Tisdale goes, which I agree looks likely, it’s interesting that the league’s two longest serving managers will have left at the same time, each having left a huge legacy, but out of favour with a significant portion of their fan base.

I think Tisdale and Perriman will have left a superb model at Exeter with their academy system which has allowed them to punch above their weight. If a new manager can maintain the model and be a better tactician and motivator they might make progress. It could just as equally go mammaries up. Isn’t it nice not to give a monkeys either way, although I wouldn’t want them to follow Torquays’ path.

May 8, 2011
TynanWozGr8":13yclr7l said:
Having sat in their stands for our games up there and witnessed their pure hatred towards us by a significant number

At one game I was sat in the Old Grandstand on one side of the segregation area from where Steve Perryman was sat, from what he was screaming I don’t think he liked Argyle that much, to say I was shocked at what I was hearing would be an great understatement.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
AdelaideGreen":14jbhjm2 said:
I think Edwards might be worth a look?

I agree, Tisdale is gone (but it wasn't his choice).

Karl Edwards was on loan from WBA and cannot be described as an Exeter wee gem.Whether the relegated Baggies want to keep him, is another matter. He would not be expensive.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
HC Green":1rvlvd8z said:
TynanWozGr8":1rvlvd8z said:

At one game I was sat in the Old Grandstand on one side of the segregation area from where Steve Perryman was sat, from what he was screaming I don’t think he liked Argyle that much, to say I was shocked at what I was hearing would be an great understatement.

I love a local Derby, and reminding Exeter of their place in the pecking order. But talk of hatred and the extent of malevolent feeling is just daft. I’ve much more respect for a City fan who chooses to support their local club than a Premier League glory hunter or, indeed, someone who goes to the Chiefs when historically they were a non-entity of a team. Banter, absolutely. Ribbing, for sure. But reserve your hatred for those that deserve it. Like traffic wardens. Or people that reserve seats on trains but don’t use them. Or Bankers.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
I used to say. I hope all devon clubs do well as its good for devon football.

Was it good for devon football when exeter hit league 1 and we were in the championship.

No! it didn't do squat for devon football.

Our attendances figures will still be very very good either way!

The only thing that would be good for devon football is how well this football club will do !

Devon is green and white and always will be!