Team v Walsall? | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team v Walsall?

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Adams might be considering generally using his more experienced, conservative full backs (Riley and Sawyer) away from home / against the better opposition to keep us more solid, as of course it's more likely that we'll have to defend more often. At home when the onus will be on the full backs more to overlap, he may use Moore and Smith-Brown.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
This is an a very open and intriguing selection. None of us have any idea what is going through DA's mind. Ok we have seen some pre-season friendlies but it is only DA who knows the fitness testing statistics and how players have performed during the closed training games. I am not even going to try to predict a starting team sheet.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
We have a lot of midfielders. Fox, Songo’o, Grant, Ness, Sarcevic, Carey, Lamerias, and he’s still looking at adding another which makes me think we’re goinh to set up 2-7-1

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Tugboat":2attisc8 said:
We have a lot of midfielders. Fox, Songo’o, Grant, Ness, Sarcevic, Carey, Lamerias, and he’s still looking at adding another which makes me think we’re goinh to set up 2-7-1

With the news today we will be paying Burgoyne's wages i imagine that ends the additional midfielder thoughts.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Mark Pedlar":38ki6t9j said:
Tugboat":38ki6t9j said:

With the news today we will be paying Burgoyne's wages i imagine that ends the additional midfielder thoughts.

And to be honest I don’t think we need another one if Sarcevic isn’t too badly crooked.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Guess the question that needs answering is whether Fox can keep legs going on for whole campaign.

Not sure how we can replace him in the current formation.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mark Pedlar":2fs9yczn said:
Tugboat":2fs9yczn said:

I did not realise that. That really is a sh---r. Unless Arsenal are paying Macey's wages, which I doubt, duplicating loan keeper's wages is a big drain on income cash flow. We do not appear to be able to return Macey should Burgoyne return to fitness before the year end. Bad luck prevails there. We need to get a Romany in to lift the keeper curse once and for all

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
In the 3 pre season games I have seen the left side of the defence has been a real problem it will be interesting to see how DA sets up the back 4.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
cheshiregreen":1y7j7grj said:
Guess the question that needs answering is whether Fox can keep legs going on for whole campaign.

Not sure how we can replace him in the current formation.

Dare I say it.. Carey

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Quintrell_Green":2rc3j8g9 said:
Mark Pedlar":2rc3j8g9 said:
Tugboat":2rc3j8g9 said:

I did not realise that. That really is a sh---r. Unless Arsenal are paying Macey's wages, which I doubt, duplicating loan keeper's wages is a big drain on income cash flow. We do not appear to be able to return Macey should Burgoyne return to fitness before the year end. Bad luck prevails there. We need to get a Romany in to lift the keeper curse once and for all

Does a player or clubs insurances not contribute to wages in the event of a long term injury?

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

Allow Carey to float wherever he wants to try and dictate the play when we have the ball. This is what id go with. Leaves players like Ladapo, Ainsworth, Dyson, Wylde and Lamieras on the bench should we need creativity. The two wing backs to provide the width.

Don't think Adams will go with this, but id be interested to see how it would do.

Aug 5, 2016
Sawyer is nowhere near good enough to start as a central defender.

He played there for the last twenty five minutes away at Charlton and was second best in every duel he came up against. Whether it was in the air, a pace issue or not dealing with clever movement, he looked clueless.

Solid left back but not in the centre, if you need a CB leave it to the career professionals e.g. P. Grant, Canavan, Songo'o.

Just because Sawyer lacks pace to go up and down all day long at LWB doesn't mean he's ready for CB. It's a different set of qualities and Sawyer doesn't have the skills or experience in that position.

Sep 6, 2006
LeonTheGreen":2ebvfo1d said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

Allow Carey to float wherever he wants to try and dictate the play when we have the ball. This is what id go with. Leaves players like Ladapo, Ainsworth, Dyson, Wylde and Lamieras on the bench should we need creativity. The two wing backs to provide the width.

Don't think Adams will go with this, but id be interested to see how it would do.

So who's gonna win the tackles in Midfield? They would go right through us.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Absolutely no to 5-3-2

Absolutely no to Sawyer at CB

There’s no need for either

Jun 11, 2012
Balham_Green":1lzdac8r said:
LeonTheGreen":1lzdac8r said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

So who's gonna win the tackles in Midfield? They would go right through us.
It sounds like you're advocating a starting spot for Songo'o. :wtf: