Team v Walsall? | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team v Walsall?

Sep 6, 2006
HarlHM":3qktt8sn said:
Balham_Green":3qktt8sn said:
LeonTheGreen":3qktt8sn said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

Allow Carey to float wherever he wants to try and dictate the play when we have the ball. This is what id go with. Leaves players like Ladapo, Ainsworth, Dyson, Wylde and Lamieras on the bench should we need creativity. The two wing backs to provide the width.

Don't think Adams will go with this, but id be interested to see how it would do.

So who's gonna win the tackles in Midfield? They would go right through us.
It sounds like you're advocating a starting spot for Songo'o. :wtf:

Why you think he was offered a new contract? We have never replaced McHugh

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Balham_Green":s2v2zhhw said:
HarlHM":s2v2zhhw said:
Balham_Green":s2v2zhhw said:
LeonTheGreen":s2v2zhhw said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

Allow Carey to float wherever he wants to try and dictate the play when we have the ball. This is what id go with. Leaves players like Ladapo, Ainsworth, Dyson, Wylde and Lamieras on the bench should we need creativity. The two wing backs to provide the width.

Don't think Adams will go with this, but id be interested to see how it would do.

What would your starting team be, BG? Just for fun like...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Fine with Songo'o as a squad option but if we he's in the starting eleven tomorrow that'll be a little depressing. I think our midfield is almost gaurunteed to be Ness, Fox & Grant.

Aug 5, 2016
Nothing wrong with Songo'o starting in midfield tomorrow, he's a destroyer and they are needed at all levels of football.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knibbsworth":1jspb88y said:
Nothing wrong with Songo'o starting in midfield tomorrow, he's a destroyer and they are needed at all levels of football.

He is but sometimes he suffers a target acquisition malfunction right when we need to engage that player/ball at a critical time.

He’s a brick wall type of player that we bring on later in the game to shore up a result or a player we use away from home to keep us in the game or gain a low scoring result.

Sep 6, 2006
Lobster":38e22vxy said:
Balham_Green":38e22vxy said:
HarlHM":38e22vxy said:
Balham_Green":38e22vxy said:
LeonTheGreen":38e22vxy said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

I haven't seen any of the new players so have no idea. I am not convinced by Lameiras as a starter away from home though.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
PL2 3DQ":3tpizmev said:
Walsall are struggling to sign new players, nine departed over the summer and just five have signed. They currently have just one fit centre-back and are relying on loan players to sign within the next few days.
They've had a few trialists and all of them apart from one have already left.

It's a good time to play them.
They were always likely to sign a defender before the game and they've just brought in Jack Fitzwater on loan from West Brom who was there at the back end of last season (And displaced Kory Roberts from the team, despite someone earlier claiming him to be Walsall's best CB). That means Walsall's back five now all played together last season, which gives them one advantage over us. their squad is still a bit thin, but I'd rather face someone with an unsettled defence in the first game.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Balham_Green":1m89schy said:
Lobster":1m89schy said:
HarlHM":1m89schy said:
LeonTheGreen":1m89schy said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

I haven't seen any of the new players so have no idea. I am not convinced by Lameiras as a starter away from home though.

So you have no idea, but you still criticise the selections of others :think:

Sep 6, 2006
LeonTheGreen":hly1rj5b said:
Macey

RWB - Moore
CB - Edwards
CB- Wootton
CB- Sawyer
LWB- Smith-brown

CM- Fox
CM - Grant
CM - Ness

Playmaker - Carey
ST- Taylor

So who's gonna win the tackles in Midfield? They would go right through us.[/quote]8
It sounds like you're advocating a starting spot for Songo'o. :wtf:[/quote]

Why you think he was offered a new contract? We have never replaced McHugh[/quote]

What would your starting team be, BG? Just for fun like...[/quote]

I haven't seen any of the new players so have no idea. I am not convinced by Lameiras as a starter away from home though.[/quote]

So you have no idea, but you still criticise the selections of others :think:[/quote]

I disagreed with somebody else's selection. Hardly criticising. I haven't seen the new players so can't comment on who should or shouldn't be playing. However a midfield of Ness Fox Grant ( not really a ball winner I understand) looks too lightweight away from home for me. That ok with you?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Balham_Green":12taqnfj said:
I disagreed with somebody else's selection. Hardly criticising. I haven't seen the new players so can't comment on who should or shouldn't be playing. However a midfield of Ness Fox Grant ( not really a ball winner I understand) looks too lightweight away from home for me. That ok with you?

You can absolutely disagree, but it might be more constructive to provide an alternative. Fair enough if you don't feel you've seen the players enough, but you say you "can't comment on who should or shouldn't be playing", and then do exactly that in your next sentence.

Apr 5, 2008
WottonForEngland":s26foq6j said:
As I now have a grand to play with in my sky bet account I have gone for both teams to score with an argyle win at 5/1.

That's what I'm doing too,can see us winning this with our strong midfield but unlikely to keep clean sheet with so many new players.3-1 or 4-1 to Argyle

Sep 6, 2006
Lobster":3tj9ihe7 said:
Balham_Green":3tj9ihe7 said:

You can absolutely disagree, but it might be more constructive to provide an alternative. Fair enough if you don't feel you've seen the players enough, but you say you "can't comment on who should or shouldn't be playing", and then do exactly that in your next sentence.

Its not difficult. I haven't said exactly who should or shouldn't be playing(though I have reservations about Lameiras). I just am not comfortable with the 'make up' of the Midfield as a whole. Want me to explain it again?

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Balham_Green":39ibk93q said:
Lobster":39ibk93q said:
Balham_Green":39ibk93q said:

Its not difficult. I haven't said exactly who should or shouldn't be playing(though I have reservations about Lameiras). I just am not comfortable with the 'make up' of the Midfield as a whole. Want me to explain it again?

Yes please