Team for today (13th August) Posh. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Team for today (13th August) Posh.

Apr 1, 2009
For me I’d keep to the 3-2-4-1 formation

GK Cooper
RWB Edwards (c)
RCB Wilson
CB Longwijk
LCB Gillesphey
LWB Mumba
CM Randell
CM Butcher
AM Mayor
AM Azaz
FW Hardie

If we neeed a goal I’d bring on Jephcott for Butcher and go two up front (Hardie and Jephcott).
JiC (and anyone else who has chosen him), why Lonwijk?

Why make a major change to the settled defensive unit after conceding 2 in 2 league games? What did you see in Lonwijk in the cup game that makes him a better bet than Scarr for this one? Schuey has specifically said that Lonwijk needs time, yet you want to throw him straight in. A strange selection IMO.

Reactions: Green gino and Emu
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
If we start with one up top then it needs to be Hardie. If Ennis and Jephcott continue to flatter to deceive then I would put them in the shop window in January with the view of bringing in a striker who can actually finish chances. If we play two up front then one, if not both, should br retained at least until the end of this season.

Apr 1, 2009
That's great news!! - I feel Pan could be amazing as a deeper CM next to Randell (y)
Sorry JIC, but totally disagree on this. The Randell/Butcher partnership is built on them dovetailing, one sitting when the other moves forward, and also both being able to pass the ball. That discipline is vital, and Camara doesn't have that discipline. His strength is running with the ball, rather than passing. Another strength is having the engine to press high up the pitch, an area you want to remove him from. I think this "amazing" combination is something of a fantasy in order to get your favourite players into the team, but in practice would constrain Randell which none of us want.

I don't see where Camara fits in the new formation. Possibly Schuey doesn't either, as he may not expect the Camara of last season to be available to him.

Oct 5, 2013
If we start with one up top then it needs to be Hardie. If Ennis and Jephcott continue to flatter to deceive then I would put them in the shop window in January with the view of bringing in a striker who can actually finish chances. If we play two up front then one, if not both, should br retained at least until the end of this season.
What have you seen about Hardie playing upfront on his own that makes you so confident?

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth

Why make a major change to the settled defensive unit after conceding 2 in 2 league games? What did you see in Lonwijk in the cup game that makes him a better bet than Scarr for this one? Schuey has specifically said that Lonwijk needs time, yet you want to throw him straight in. A strange selection IMO.
to answer you in regard to lonwijk i selected scarr and wilson as ouur two centre back with lonwijk playing just in front as a defensive midfielder with adam and joe bossing the midfield.

Reactions: PL2 3DQ

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I can't see Longwijk starting ahead of Scarr tomorrow- he would be up against JCH and would likely get bullied. I would worry more than I already am if I saw that change.
Same team as the first 2 league games for me.

Reactions: Tugboat

Did you see Wednesday’s game? The boy looked class. Can’t vouch for his fitness though. You may be right that he’s not ready for two games within a few days. Based on what I saw on Wednesday I would guess he’s going to be a starter all season once fully fit.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
This is the bit l don’t get.

I keep hearing we are playing one upfront. And yet l’ve watched the last few games and l see Azaz & Mayor supporting Hardie in a 3.

Here is a question. Think back to Derek Adams 4-2-3-1 formation. Ryan Taylor was upfront on his own. Are we really saying that Hardie is as isolated as what Taylor was. Because if we are then lm just seeing a different game.

And if people want to go back to a 3-1-4-2 l suggest they look at the last 10 mins of the Peterborough cup game. We end up putting Mayor back in midfield. If you look on Wednesday he came on found himself near our box and made a suicidal pass. You honestly don’t want him near our box because he is liabile to try the wrong option in the wrong situation.

l think Schumacher will give last weeks side one more opportunity unless there is an injury. We have Charlton on Tuesday so he might make changes for that one.

Apr 1, 2009
Did you see Wednesday’s game? The boy looked class. Can’t vouch for his fitness though. You may be right that he’s not ready for two games within a few days. Based on what I saw on Wednesday I would guess he’s going to be a starter all season once fully fit.
I did see it. I thought Lonwijk was decent, but wasn't faultless. I just think we are sometimes to eager to see a new face that we are prepared to drop someone who had an excellent season last year, and hasn't done too much wrong so far this season.