Sunderland | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland

Lundan Cabbie":ncx87u80 said:
Cobi Budge":ncx87u80 said:
I wish some people, both on here and social media, would stop talking about Sunderland as if we should be in awe of them. Yes it will be good to see a decent away following, but I'm only 22 and I remember us playing them fairly regularly in the championship, there's nothing special about this fixture, it's just another League 1 game.

That's a bit of an exaggeration Cobi. Argyle have only been in the same division as Sunderland TWICE in your entire lifetime and on both occasions they were league winners and their last League visit to HP was more than 11 years ago (half your lifetime ago).

Yes they are in the same league right now but how often does a team who have 86 top flight seasons behind them come to Home Park?

Why don't you concentrate on why your own team isn't above Brighton, rather than try to tell us what we should feel about Sunderland?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
GreenArmy1984":3kg415w1 said:
Really looking forward to tomorrow vs Sunderland

Pasoti are sponsoring The Fanfest and it’s Sold Out

Gonna be a cracking atmosphere inside Home Park as it’s nearly Sold Out

COYGs

Yeah really looking forward to the atmosphere when their 6th hits the back of the net with 30 minutes to go.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Saturday 08:00:- First coach load of Sunderland Fans is parked up already by Loves Field.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Mark Pedlar":2hebuyh5 said:
GreenArmy1984":2hebuyh5 said:
Really looking forward to tomorrow vs Sunderland

Pasoti are sponsoring The Fanfest and it’s Sold Out

Gonna be a cracking atmosphere inside Home Park as it’s nearly Sold Out

COYGs

Yeah really looking forward to the atmosphere when their 6th hits the back of the net with 30 minutes to go.
:funny:

Jan 7, 2013
Yeah saw a few stood outside the Brit with cans of beer at 8.15 this morning on my way to work.

Dec 3, 2005
Let's hope everything is tied down in the Grandstand. Would be awful to have the match cancelled or abandoned because of any flying debris.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
djg145":3tgl7k38 said:
Let's hope everything is tied down in the Grandstand. Would be awful to have the match cancelled or abandoned because of any flying debris.

Abandoned would only be awful if we're in front.

Oct 16, 2016
I’m looking forward to this, prefer matches with a decent away attendance

It’s interesting that Sunderland are being cast as a big club, they’re not

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
I remember Wotton scoring a brilliant driven free kick (was it?) in a win against Sunderland in our first season in the Championship. Was in the first minute at the Devonport End from a tight angle near the Grandstand. Smashed it in. Wotton was the top scorer that season. HP was packed to rafters that day too.

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Shankster":13vkj8t9 said:

In this league they certainly are.

Feb 2, 2007
Pezbuck":1onc96aq said:
I remember Wotton scoring a brilliant driven free kick (was it?) in a win against Sunderland in our first season in the Championship. Was in the first minute at the Devonport End from a tight angle near the Grandstand. Smashed it in. Wotton was the top scorer that season. HP was packed to rafters that day too.

Yeah remember that- foot like a traction engine and the keeper was expecting a cross, not knowing Wottsy couldnt cross for toffees.

Feb 2, 2007
derbygreen":1p7njsk1 said:
Shankster":1p7njsk1 said:

In this league they certainly are.

Accrington have as many letters in their name, more when you add Stanley.