Sunderland | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sunderland

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
djg145":34n64cuw said:
Be a shock for them when they arrive and see our 'new' changing rooms' :)

Not as much as the old ones would have been.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":16v2zbm9 said:
I wish some people, both on here and social media, would stop talking about Sunderland as if we should be in awe of them. Yes it will be good to see a decent away following, but I'm only 22 and I remember us playing them fairly regularly in the championship, there's nothing special about this fixture, it's just another League 1 game.

That's a bit of an exaggeration Cobi. Argyle have only been in the same division as Sunderland TWICE in your entire lifetime and on both occasions they were league winners and their last League visit to HP was more than 11 years ago (half your lifetime ago).

Yes they are in the same league right now but how often does a team who have 86 top flight seasons behind them come to Home Park?

May 5, 2014
I lived in the North East between 1989 and 1993 and was a season ticket holder for four seasons. I can tell you from first hand experience what a fantastic club it is, wonderful people and amazing supporters. A 'basket case' it is not! Just a bad changing room most of whom have now gone.

Tomorrows match is a bit special for me as my 13 year old granddaughter will be watching Argyle for the first time, indeed it will be the first time she will have been to Plymouth. She will be travelling down from her home in Huddersfield with her Dad who is a Sunderland supporter (goes back to when we lived in the North East) to meet up with my other son in Devizes, Wilts. who regularly does the 6 hour return trip to Home Park.

It will be a day of split loyalties for me, so I am hoping for a draw which would be a good point against probably the best team in the division and with it maintain family harmony!

Does anyone else have a split loyalty?

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Only inasmuch I shall be travelling down ( from Maidenhead) with my close mate, who’s as mad a Mackem as I am a Green.
How “split” we shall be on the train journey back, we shall see!

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Let’s not pretend people are looking forward to Sunderland and Accrington home in equal measures. Their fans are absolutely top class; let’s hope we rise to the occasion.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Lundan Cabbie":1pxbs2c5 said:
Cobi Budge":1pxbs2c5 said:
I wish some people, both on here and social media, would stop talking about Sunderland as if we should be in awe of them. Yes it will be good to see a decent away following, but I'm only 22 and I remember us playing them fairly regularly in the championship, there's nothing special about this fixture, it's just another League 1 game.

That's a bit of an exaggeration Cobi. Argyle have only been in the same division as Sunderland TWICE in your entire lifetime and on both occasions they were league winners and their last League visit to HP was more than 11 years ago (half your lifetime ago).

Yes they are in the same league right now but how often does a team who have 86 top flight seasons behind them come to Home Park?

Ha ha. There’s some facts for you.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
It certainly is a big match. When was the last time Argyle played a league game against a club with an average home gate of 30,000? Oh, that would be Newcastle in 2009-10, I guess. North east footie fans- amazing. Our record against Sunderland is atrocious. 4 wins and 15 defeats. Hope that doesn’t continue tomorrow!

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Fergy":2znvvyyk said:
Let’s not pretend people are looking forward to Sunderland and Accrington home in equal measures. Their fans are absolutely top class; let’s hope we rise to the occasion.

Any away fan who comes to Home Park deserves equal respect for their journey to our ground, however many come to visit. As many other clubs fans appreciate Argyles fans going to our away games.

Jul 6, 2011
Rush Goalie":1iznjg4n said:
briangreen":1iznjg4n said:
JannerinCardiff":1iznjg4n said:
Sunderland are massive. They have a turnover over 10 times bigger than the average L1 team.

And yet they're in league 1....

But won't be for long...and when they get back to the Championship, they will see it as a staging post for the Premier League.

I've heard that prediction before and seen it fail before....

Sep 6, 2006
Bezza":3ckmpu9o said:
It certainly is a big match. When was the last time Argyle played a league game against a club with an average home gate of 30,000? Oh, that would be Newcastle in 2009-10, I guess. North east footie fans- amazing. Our record against Sunderland is atrocious. 4 wins and 15 defeats. Hope that doesn’t continue tomorrow!

Might be strange but I go to watch MY team not the opposition or the away fans.

May 16, 2016
PAFC Norfolk":1jsuys6u said:
Fergy":1jsuys6u said:

Any away fan who comes to Home Park deserves equal respect for their journey to our ground, however many come to visit. As many other clubs fans appreciate Argyles fans going to our away games.

I guess there's an argument in favour of more respect to the Fans who come all the way down to HP to follow one of the 'minnows' of the League around the country.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hopefully everything is secure in what is left of the grandstand because there are strong winds forecast for during the game.

Wind is always the worst of the elements for spoiling a game of football.