Student tickets deal for Burton game | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Student tickets deal for Burton game

Oct 31, 2010
Weston-Super-Mare
Fergy":12v73r2k said:
Plympton Pong":12v73r2k said:
The Doctor":12v73r2k said:
dan93pafc":12v73r2k said:
My friend has just gone in and got them from the uni. Only bad thing is its block 1. but cant complain for the price

Unless it's a sell out ( ;) ) I can't see why you wouldn't be able to shift along to vacant seats in Blocks 2, 3, 4, 5 etc (not sure how far round you can go without meeting a physical barrier to be honest)

The only physical barrier you are likely to meet Doc are the jobsworth stewards

Can't see why they'd have a problem if seats in blocks 2, 3, 4 and 5 were still vacant at 19:45.

Nor can I and will probably do it, but its argyle its bound to be packed :coat:
And macleanie its opposite the main entrance to the library if that helps ?

sgb

Apr 25, 2011
They had sold out of student tickets when I went to buy mine today! U:Shop have posted a message on facebook saying they're trying to get more in for tomorrow.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
sgb":17rnipb8 said:
They had sold out of student tickets when I went to buy mine today! U:Shop have posted a message on facebook saying they're trying to get more in for tomorrow.

It's good to see such a good uptake on this, hopefully the club will benefit not only with the extra income gained through bringing in extra students than on a normal game but with a good performance hopefully one or two will come back.

Also, I hope you get a ticket tomorrow sgb :thumbs:

N

newquaygreen

Ollieargyle9":17e2cuey said:
sgb":17e2cuey said:

It's good to see such a good uptake on this, hopefully the club will benefit not only with the extra income gained through bringing in extra students than on a normal game but with a good performance hopefully one or two will come back.

Here's hoping :whistle:

Aug 10, 2006
ZeeZan6":1xf875zz said:
That offer is brilliant. I have always said our club needs to do more to attract Students!
What does this mean though? "Dedicated seating block behind the goal." Does that mean Barn Park end? or like Block 1 as it is fairly empty there? 3+4 is nearly full of ST holders..
said it before and i will say it again why the f..k should students get a discount they always have enough money to go out on the p..s

sgb

Apr 25, 2011
loyal1970":lq9hlnwz said:
ZeeZan6":lq9hlnwz said:
That offer is brilliant. I have always said our club needs to do more to attract Students!
What does this mean though? "Dedicated seating block behind the goal." Does that mean Barn Park end? or like Block 1 as it is fairly empty there? 3+4 is nearly full of ST holders..
said it before and i will say it again why the f..k should students get a discount they always have enough money to go out on the p..s

Most students at Plymouth University are not Argyle fans and won't pay over £10 to watch League Two football.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
loyal1970":1b9xos4d said:
ZeeZan6":1b9xos4d said:

Because it makes commercial sense that's why, putting your stereotypical view on students aside the fact of the matter is that students usually move to a new city to attend university aren't going to pay full whack for a ticket to watch a local club that wasn't local to them until they moved to the area, they don't have the money nor the interest to give up as much of their weekly budget compared to the local Plymouth born adult you see at Home Park.

Because price is such a key factor for students if you reduce the price they will come the reason being most students are looking for a cheap day out. Even if they aren't fans of Argyle you give them an evening out for a couple of quid they will on the most take up the offer. Any of these tickets sold are then extra income to the club, these are sales that would never have been made at the higher price bracket and so are bonus to our normal gate, it also makes sense when there are empty seats around Home Park making a big fat £0 each game, these exta sales are of benefit as with these now seats filled even at £3 it is better than the £0 they earn without the price drop. Similarly if you reduced the price for adults the uptake amongst non-regular adults won't be enough make up for the loss in income caused by regular adults at Home Park now getting in for the £3 ticket price, whereas with students I'm assuming there are far less regular Home Park atendees and so the loss made by the club on regular students now paying £3 will be covered by the majority of tickets being bought by non-regular students.

It's all well and good throwing around the "they can afford to drink so they can pay the full price" but the fact is they won't pay the full price it just won't happen and so reducing the price although unfair on regulars attending at full price week in week out should be of benefit to Argyle if it is taken up by students.

sgb

Apr 25, 2011
Ollieargyle9":2vc7l5w8 said:
sgb":2vc7l5w8 said:

They released more this morning but I've had lectures and a football match so couldn't get to the shop, now they've sold out again!

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
sgb":3gcsw5u8 said:
Ollieargyle9":3gcsw5u8 said:
sgb":3gcsw5u8 said:

They released more this morning but I've had lectures and a football match so couldn't get to the shop, now they've sold out again!

Good news that though! :thumbs:

Maybe these blocks being rather full opposed to the usual sparseness may contribute to a better atmosphere in the Devonport!