Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!! | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stop dying! Just effing stop it!!!

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
RIP Holger Czukay, one of the founding members of Can.

One of musical loves is 1970s krautrock, and Can was one of the leading bands of that genre. Their Future Days is one of my all-time favourite albums.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Didn't realise Quinny, devastating news. I loved Can and that rythmic section. With Jaki Liebezeit earlier this year and Michael Caroli going a couple of years ago it makes you realise how old we are all getting.

Tago Mago is up there with the all time classic albums for me.

Whilst looking at a couple of obituaries for Holger, I came across an article from January stating Pete 'Overend' Watts, bassist with Mott The Hoople had died too. I didn't know, my fave rock band from the 'early' days.

RIP Holger and, belatedly, Overend (he's just a rock'n'roll star).

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Double heartbreak for country fans today with the deaths of both Troy Gentry (one half of Montgomery Gentry) and Don Williams. RIP.

Montgomery Gentry

Don Williams

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
Harry Dean Stanton, he of Paris Texas, Repo Man, Alien and more recently seen on the latest Twin Peaks has died aged 91.

Didn't know that Holger Czukay and Grant Hart had left us. Both great artists, bought Grant's first solo album years ago, used to play it a lot. I know years ago he had a lot of personal stuff going on and things weren't easy for him. Also followed his ex bandmate Bob Mould from Sugar through to his solo stuff.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Harry Dean Stanton is a big loss. Paris, Texas is one of my all-time favourite films. And the Ry Cooder soundtrack is pretty special too.