Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Stoke Brief Synopsis sponsored by Bromleigh House

Apr 22, 2019
I've now watched the whole thing. A number of our players seemed to be running in quicksand. I don't think I've ever seen Joe Edwards so off the pace.
In terms of attitude, aptitude and application in the second half the side as a whole was as poor as I’ve seen all season.

I’m sure the next two Saturdays will be different though.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Read a hefty amount of comments and not here to gloat but I was baffled by the confidence by you guys going into this one. You rode your luck against Leicester and put your body on the line and got the win fair play , prior to that you beat the worst side in the league but have been on a terrible run since (2nd worst team in last 15 games on form). We had a poor week with the loss to Swansea but prior to that we were on back to back away wins and a draw at H against the baggies. This is a terrible season for us and Shuey has a big job to get us neat the top 6 next year and quite frankly I am still not convinced yet. That wasn't the best we have played all year, Leeds home or Hull away for me. We have attacking players particularly in the wide areas that can hurt any team, where we struggle is we have a poo striker's and a leaky back four. I think if you keep Morgan quiet which we did Saturday then you guys struggle. Big appointment for you next year if you stay up as can imagine you will lose Morgan and will do well to replace him. You can have Ennis back now if you like, will personally drive him to Home Park.

I hope you stay up as local away day for me, good thing is Brum v Hudd next week and anything but a Brum win would be us safe and keep you adrift, I think you will get a win the last home game of the season as Hull have nothing to play for now but Millwall will be tough.

good luck
This is an Argyle supporters website so of course many of us appeared confident before the game, hardly baffling.

Reactions: pafc jack

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Schuey moved Cundle during the injury to Forshaw. Before that he was doubling up on Forshaw and Whittaker but after the injury he completely nullified Whittaker. It wasn't until Devine came on that space opened up more. Bundu and Whittaker tend to rely on the killer ball that would have been supplied by Forshaw, whereas Devine is much more of a player who will come and get it. We should have moved Whittaker wide left to drag Cundle, and therefore Stoke, into something they hadn't planned for. Or just taken him off in favour of Issaka.

Reactions: memory man

devonpotter

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 23, 2024
This is an Argyle supporters website so of course many of us appeared confident before the game, hardly baffling.
Not really my point, even on our forum we wouldn't be that confident and have been in much better form than you! Think it's safe to say none of would ever trust any of your teams to beat anyone the way this season has gone because we don't know what team is going to turn up!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Not really my point, even on our forum we wouldn't be that confident and have been in much better form than you! Think it's safe to say none of would ever trust any of your teams to beat anyone the way this season has gone because we don't know what team is going to turn up!
With respect mate we had just beaten top of the league and I had witnessed you play Swansea and Sheff Wednesday and you were the worst team I have seen all season and that included how bad we were against WBA at home. I didn't expect us to roll you over, but I expected us to at least trouble you. The team literally folded after Forshaw went off.

devonpotter

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Apr 23, 2024
With respect mate we had just beaten top of the league and I had witnessed you play Swansea and Sheff Wednesday and you were the worst team I have seen all season and that included how bad we were against WBA at home. I didn't expect us to roll you over, but I expected us to at least trouble you. The team literally folded after Forshaw went off.
That is fair enough we were terrible at Swansea and that was a very wasted trip. But as i said we both are so inconsistent hence why we are both near the drop. Wasn't just aiming that at this message board, Radio Devon all i heard was majority of your fans expecting a comfy away win. Was no way Shuey was not going to get the players up for this one!
Anyway lets all hope for Brum not to win at Huddersfield and we should both be ok (y). Personally think the bottom 2 will not change, might be different if Mowbray was in charge which is another good thing for us both.

Reactions: Daz
Sep 6, 2006
Worse than us v Wba? Not possible!