Steve Tilson | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Tilson

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
mattym":2dkgh963 said:
Jim Magilton, did a great job at QPR when directors were arguing, top players being sold etc, and at Ipswich when the team reached the play off's whilst in administration, i know cause I lived there whilst at University.
Ipswich came 14th, then 8th then 9th with Magilton in charge and they definetely weren't in administration at any point. You sure you remember it :lol: ?

He left QPR when they were 12th and whilst yes, directors were arguing they were also throwing money at it. He was at Melbourne for three months earlier this year, where, like at QPR he left on bad terms over non-footballing matters.

Bang average is the only way I'd describe his managerial career. No thanks.

Nov 8, 2010
Nicky Law is a good outside shout. Did a great job at Chesterfield, took over a Bradford team that about 10 different managers haven't been able to sort out, before dropping down to Alfreton achieving a string of promotions and keeping a small town team with part time players competitive in the Conference with the lowest gates in the division. Former player so will know the club too. And no, I'm not Nicky Law. :greensmile:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Manchester Green":2sbuxpyy said:
Nicky Law is a good outside shout. Did a great job at Chesterfield, took over a Bradford team that about 10 different managers haven't been able to sort out, before dropping down to Alfreton achieving a string of promotions and keeping a small town team with part time players competitive in the Conference with the lowest gates in the division. Former player so will know the club too. And no, I'm not Nicky Law. :greensmile:

Nicky Law's agent? Mother? Postman? :D

Nov 11, 2012
Keyham
I have seen a few names mentioned that could do a good job for us given the right support. As long as we appoint an experienced manager, I cant say anyone stands out head and shoulders above the rest for me.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Manchester Green":2h3upb31 said:

and we could sing: 'I fought the law and the law won'!! :scarf:

M

miniman1

KEYHAM PILGRIM":1n6b8ptf said:
I have seen a few names mentioned that could do a good job for us given the right support. As long as we appoint an experienced manager, I cant say anyone stands out head and shoulders above the rest for me.

This is the big problem - it would cost a lot to change the management team, I doubt we could then afford many of the names being mentioned- There seems no point in changing for more inexperience ( I believe Purse - Wotton would be likely candidates) . I think this is what is keeping Fletch in a job.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
GreenSam":2muuiqq7 said:
mattym":2muuiqq7 said:
Jim Magilton, did a great job at QPR when directors were arguing, top players being sold etc, and at Ipswich when the team reached the play off's whilst in administration, i know cause I lived there whilst at University.
Ipswich came 14th, then 8th then 9th with Magilton in charge and they definetely weren't in administration at any point. You sure you remember it :lol: ?

He left QPR when they were 12th and whilst yes, directors were arguing they were also throwing money at it. He was at Melbourne for three months earlier this year, where, like at QPR he left on bad terms over non-footballing matters.

Bang average is the only way I'd describe his managerial career. No thanks.

While Magilton's spell in charge at the Victory was underwhelming (2 wins in 12), its unfounded to suggest he left on bad terms over non-footballing matters, certainly no head butts. There were rumours he'd been verbally offered a 3 year deal which was later retracted after the team got thumped!

Agreed, I wouldn't ever want him managing Argyle.

P

pafc1234

Lord Avviva":1rsindt8 said:
tilson would be a disaster id rather have fletcher & thats saying something!

I don't think Tilson would be a disaster. Experience of this division, won promotion from this division, has managed with no money at Southend and Lincoln. I think a disappointing year at Lincoln clouds 8 years at Southend in some people's opinion, but if a position materialises as manager he would be a very strong candidate.

P

pafcstafford

After looking at available managers on lma and their records my choices are Leroy rosenoior, Andy Scott and Dave penny.

Nov 25, 2011
How about these? I was looknig on a website called The Sack Race, which tries to predict managerial casualties and these names appeared as out of work and seemed like good chocies to me. I don't really believe Gary Neville would be right, given his lack of experience, but having listened to his comments as the expert on Sky, I think he will make an excellent manager some day, much as I hate Man U and all associated with that club as a rule!
Phil Brown
Steve Cotterill
Owen Coyle
Billy Davies
Gary Megson
Gary Neville
Peter Reid - I agree with other posts that he has unfinished business and would start with a more promising squad this time
Walter Smith
Gordon Strachan
Gary Waddock
Dennis Wise
Nigel Worthington

Maybe they're all just too damned expensive for Argyle at present, though.

Liam Vercoe":38xbklz3 said:
Manchester Green":38xbklz3 said:

Nicky Law's agent? Mother? Postman? :D

I am Nicky Law's agent's mother's postman. :lol: