Steve Tilson | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Tilson

P

pafc1234

Been browsing forums and on here and Steve Tilson's name has cropped up on a couple of occasions. I think he would be ideal to get Plymouth away from the lower reaches of League Two. It is true that he didn't have a great time at Lincoln City, but did have a successful time in the eight years at Southend United, which included two promotions. When Steve Tilson took over at Southend United, I believe, they were £8m in debt, so has worked with no or very little money. One to consider?

Aug 28, 2012
Tilson's a great shout. Great sucess at Southend but obviously a bad time at Lincoln. Has played the game at a good level, managed promotion winning sides . Currently managing at Canvey where he first started and would jump at the opporunity - should one arise. Another factor is that he would cost next to nothing !

G

Greenskin

paulysalz":2c03m487 said:
Sheridan, the same Sheridan that failed at both Oldham and Chesterfield?

Didn't like Sheridan as a player,bad tempered cad.I well remember that game against Oldham when he and Friio got sent off and were still scrapping when going down the tunnel-quite a feisty afternoon.I've still got a DVD of the Leeds game when we beat them 6-3 about 15 years earlier-he was squaring up to John Matthews in that game,although it has to be said that Matthews had just put in a "committed" tackle in on him.He was a very good player ability wise though.As a manager for Argyle? Don't think so,although i do believe he got Chesterfield promoted and won the Paint trophy in the following season,when they were also relegated.Bit of as mxed bag in fact.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Sheridan is a bit of a mixed bag and we could probably do better in truth.

I'd like John Ward out of all the realistic candidates-has done well in more jobs than bad, has connections to this part of the world and knows how to get teams up.

G

Greenskin

GreenSam":zttnjyss said:
Sheridan is a bit of a mixed bag and we could probably do better in truth.

I'd like John Ward out of all the realistic candidates-has done well in more jobs than bad, has connections to this part of the world and knows how to get teams up.

Ward-interesting choice.He's had a few promotions in the past,think he was the victim of a particularly nasty sacking at Bristol City after getting them up.Did well at Cheltenham not so long ago,ran out of steam at Carlisle and Colchester.Always struck me as being a very decent sort of bloke and he would certainly fit the bill as far as experience and contacts are concerned.Could do a lot worse than him,i fancy.

A

Argyle1886

I would like Reid back personally... & this time given a chance.

Mar 11, 2012
Andy scott would b a better shout. Good manager at brentford and knows lower league football. I know alot of people wouldnt like steve cotterill but i for one wouldnt b upset if we was manager. I posted a simillar thread a few weeks back but got slated by most of pasoti for saying such a thing. Yes he may come at a price but he also knows league 2 footy inside out. Im sorry the days of passing one touch football has gone in this league as proved by fletch the last 18 games. Look at sturrock at southend all direct footy crosses into the box at any given chance they did it against torquay and spanked them 4-1 nuff said.

Nov 12, 2012
Jim Magilton, did a great job at QPR when directors were arguing, top players being sold etc, and at Ipswich when the team reached the play off's whilst in administration, i know cause I lived there whilst at University.