Steve Castle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Steve Castle

May 3, 2017
The team of 93/94 season is when I got hooked on Argyle so I have very fond memories of the players around then. Stevie Castle is high on my list of all time favourite players. Class midfielder.

Bernie Bernbaum

Pasoti Quiz Champions
May 29, 2015
From what I can remember while he was on the transfer list during that relegation season his performances were poor and he was never giving 100% . Barry Fry at Birmingham according to rumours wanted to sign him and when we played them at home (evening game) he turned in a brilliant all action performance in front of Fry. I think it disappointed some Argyle fans at the time tbh. I think he went on to sign for them so it worked!

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Bernie Bernbaum":2q0kpzqy said:
From what I can remember while he was on the transfer list during that relegation season his performances were poor and he was never giving 100% . Barry Fry at Birmingham according to rumours wanted to sign him and when we played them at home (evening game) he turned in a brilliant all action performance in front of Fry. I think it disappointed some Argyle fans at the time tbh. I think he went on to sign for them so it worked!

A lot of it came down to illness (which he still suffers from) and injury.

Aug 8, 2013
WoodsyGreen":1xu10ygd said:
Fascinating stuff. What a legend that man is.

Mind you, I like the way he conveniently neglects to mention that he handed in a transfer request the summer after we lost to Burnley. He also fails to mention Peter Swan, which is just bizarre considering the destructive impact he had on that team.

On a broader level, it's further evidence if any is needed of just how much our location holds us back. Castle mentions Warren Joyce not being able to settle, as well as Paul Dalton nipping home to Middlesbrough at every opportunity. He even says that players are happy to sign for us but will only ever do a couple of years before looking for a move.

Mentioned by reference in the story of the punch-up I think.

Jun 27, 2019
Not by name, though. Odd considering he name-checks practically every other member of the squad.

Guess he still harbours a grudge and who can blame him.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
And i thought we were seeing great football this season, some of their play was staggeringly good,the running on or off the ball was great to watch, had me oohing and aahing, Did not see that team in the day,it was my wilderness years,sadly.