Starting XI | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Starting XI

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I'm going with Posty's line up, except that Moore will play ahead of Taylor, not Telford.

Aug 17, 2005
I agree with most of the positions but just think Lowe might throw in a surprise and play byron Moore at right wing back. I have read somewhere last season he was used more as a winger for bury rather than upfront. Checked his wiki and describes him as a winger or forward

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Given how vulnerable the quality of CBs at present, one would think we need some wing backs who can defend. Especially down our left.

Suspect Edwards isn’t the worst in the respective division like Fox/Ness were, they were each so weak and poor; but hopefully we’re less busy at the back than last year, and Mayor will release us of some pressure.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Considering none of Aimson, Taylor or Telford have really kicked a ball in anger in pre-season I would be amazed to see any of them start on Saturday.

Let's be optimistic on the Niall Ennis front though;

GK Palmer
CB Wootton
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Riley
CM C.Grant
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Ennis
CF B.Moore

Subs : Cooper, Smith-Brown, Aimson, Sarcevic, Baxter, J.Grant, Telford

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
RKB":2tvyu671 said:
Considering none of Aimson, Taylor or Telford have really kicked a ball in anger in pre-season I would be amazed to see any of them start on Saturday.

Let's be optimistic on the Niall Ennis front though;

GK Palmer
CB Wootton
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Riley
CM C.Grant
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Ennis
CF B.Moore

Subs : Cooper, Smith-Brown, Aimson, Sarcevic, Baxter, J.Grant, Telford

That’s exactly my choice starting XI and subs too. :thumbup:

Jun 27, 2019
That back three worries me big time. If Crewe have any nippy forwards then we could be in for a fraught afternoon. They're so slow, cumbersome and mistake prone that the odds of us keeping a clean sheet must be astronomical.

Sep 2, 2008
GK: Palmer
LWB: McFadzean
CB: Sawyer
CB: Canavan
CB: Wootton
RWB: Riley
CDM: Edwards
CAM: Mayor
CAM: Sarcevic
FWD: Moore
FWD: Grant

Subs: Aimson, ASB, C.Grant, Cooper, Baxter, Taylor, Telford

Sep 2, 2008
WoodsyGreen":lspd6ttv said:
That back three worries me big time. If Crewe have any nippy forwards then we could be in for a fraught afternoon. They're so slow, cumbersome and mistake prone that the odds of us keeping a clean sheet must be astronomical.
Agree. Our back three are a worry. Just means Edwards needs to break up as much as he can in front of them and Palmer needs to play as a sweeper to mop up behind them.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
To compensate for a fairly slow weak defence the full backs and holding CM must commit to forward play to allow us higher up the pitch which will take the pressure off the back 3.

I expect a lot of teams to sit back and allow us time on the ball with countering us when we seem committed up front.

I don’t think the 3 man defence will do much moving up and down in support roles. Once the ball is played forward to Edwards or the channels they will sit 2 CB right back and 1 sweeping up any long balls or runners that try to counter attack us.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
GK Palmer
CB Hall (if signed)
CB Canavan
CB Sawyer
DM Edwards
RWB Riley
CM C.Grant
CM Mayor
LWB McFadzean
CF Taylor (if fit) or loan signing
CF J.Grant

Subs : Cooper, Smith-Brown, Aimson/Wootton, Sarcevic, Baxter, Moore, Telford

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I wonder if Jephcott will give RL a selection headache if he plays and does well tonight.

Also Ben Hall could come into contention if he signs..