Sporting Lisbon and Morgan | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sporting Lisbon and Morgan

Jun 26, 2023
It just doesn't look like his heart is in argyle any more and he's moved on
Shame. I just hope there's one more magical moment we remember him for

Reactions: GreenEden
Sep 7, 2006
London
People keep saying this but he was brilliant in January after they left
He did well, although there were only 2 league games in January once you exclude 1st Jan vs Watford when we still had Azaz and Cundle.

He scored one goal in both of those other January league games. The equivalent midfielders to Azaz/Cundle were:
  • Gyabi and Callum Wright (Huddersfield)
  • Gyabi and Devine (Cardiff)

Oct 10, 2018
It's not just MW though Hardie sharpness is blunted, think he was playing so hard up to a couple of months ago, he has burnt himself out.

Bundu on right, Waine, Freedie I a better option up front.

Also mumba level has not reached its loan spell, which is also impacting.

If we're being honest are performances and quality on the ball hasnt improved since Foster left, we're just more positive in attitude, but need more than just hard work and endeavour.

Look at Millwall, they don't have any house hold name or big name players, yet when.the pressure been on.look at last 4 result, 3 clean sheet and 1 nill wins, and 2-0 victory.

We ran on fumes of uphoria after fosters departure to fall over the line against a very low in confidence Rotherham, whom we were evenly matched.

Defended heroically against Leicester, but showed no quality or intent to attack , got in one good tackle and pass
With a single bit of Bundu brilliance.

Our level of perhaps has been way below Championship standard since Cardiff 2-2 away, that's a long period.

For this reason I feel we need to fresh up and take the gamble, of benching Hardie, whittaker and Mumba, instead start with Freddie I, waine Bundu, sironla in for mumba, caleb Roberts for Houghton.

Aug 4, 2011
Said it about 2 months ago and was met with the usual suspects and their thumbs down emojis but he’s looked and played like a player who’s already got a deal agreed in the summer. If this is anywhere near £20m I’d be amazed and delighted. Great player, but goes missing in big games. Been playing like Rashford has at United lately. Take the money and reinvest if it’s anywhere near that level.

Dec 26, 2022
They won't be able to afford him.

This will be a problem. SS has the ability to get the best out of him but won't afford the £10m (?) we'll want for a player with several years on his contract. We'll then be left with dissatisfied player who could down tools to get the move he wants....

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Whittaker has played over 400 minutes more than our next player and over 1000 more than Hardie who everyone says is really knackered.

Maybe we need some appreciation for a guy who is well and truly burnt out and is double marked out of every single game because nobody else in the team carries a goal threat.

We might go down if we play badly in these last 2 games and there will be a number of reasons why. None of those will be Whittaker’s performances, which without, we’d be long gone already.

IMG_9128.jpeg

Apr 11, 2023
Agree that without Morgan we would probably already be relegated but he needs to be rested. We played him for 90 mins yesterday even though nothing was coming off 2nd half (he couldn't even take a corner!)

Reactions: Bovey Green lady
Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Whittaker is a wonderful footballer when he wants to be, but he has a tendency to drift in and out of games, when he’s interested he’s unplayable, when he isn’t he’s invisible.

Hopefully the next manager can get him playing as Schumacher did, or we can sell him for a sizeable fee to strengthen the rest of the team.
It is not that he is invisible, when he is off it he constantly loses the ball in dangerous positions and gives the opposition counter attacks. This happened > 3 times yesterday and in previous games. The guy needs a rest..

Reactions: GreenArnie

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Worryingly it could be Stoke who come in for him - $$ loves him!!

Won’t be able to afford him, plus wouldn’t go down to well with Stoke fans because apparently our players are crap ha ha. Even though when Schumacher got appointed their head coach the fans wanted him to go after and sign, Morgan, Cooper and Hardie

Aug 3, 2013
Coningsby
I honestly would rest him and hardie. Both are very good or have been all season but its time for them to sit out take some time off.

Will he be here next season, i honestly think he will be. The alarming slump in form is worrying. The stoke ( i know) commentators yesterday were extremely disappointed in him and i get that. Starved of service he is our main man and all teams just target him. When we had azaz and cundle it was spread over three players and difficult for teams to grasp.

They maybe some cheap bids for him less then £10 million i suspect. But it maybe who we get in as a manager and other players that will decide is he stays and goes.