Sonny Bradley | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sonny Bradley

C

Cult Of Personality

FourMarksGreen":312itrte said:
pedro91":312itrte said:
Went past him yesterday as he was headed towards the Life Centre
You're the first one to get past him this season :thumbup:

Apart from the start of the season where everyone went past him with ease :twisted:

Oct 16, 2016
davie nine":mflj3aiy said:
You canā€™t debate with Shankster, Knibbsworth. He seems to be someone who forms an opinion and will never change his mind. His stock answer when you try to discuss a player with him is ā€˜opinionsā€™.

Sonny Bradley is as crucial to our progress as Graham Carey and Ryan Taylor and, if we did manage to go up to the Championship, he would prove his worth at that level.

We can debate, it is a debate and I respect the opinions of others, I just thoroughly disagree. I accept that mine is an opinion and it differs from yours.

Interestingly if you read a recent comment Mr ā€˜isle made about Wylde youā€™ll note his exuberant dismissal of him, I donā€™t see the difference in my opinion re Songoā€™o and Bradley. I think Bradley is a fairly robust (agricultural I call it) individual with little or no talent but is a trier. Straight forward enough

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Shankster":hu44ocuw said:
davie nine":hu44ocuw said:
You canā€™t debate with Shankster, Knibbsworth. He seems to be someone who forms an opinion and will never change his mind. His stock answer when you try to discuss a player with him is ā€˜opinionsā€™.

Sonny Bradley is as crucial to our progress as Graham Carey and Ryan Taylor and, if we did manage to go up to the Championship, he would prove his worth at that level.

We can debate, it is a debate and I respect the opinions of others, I just thoroughly disagree. I accept that mine is an opinion and it differs from yours.

Interestingly if you read a recent comment Mr ā€˜isle made about Wylde youā€™ll note his exuberant dismissal of him, I donā€™t see the difference in my opinion re Songoā€™o and Bradley. I think Bradley is a fairly robust (agricultural I call it) individual with little or no talent but is a trier. Straight forward enough

Well, the player with no talent was voted by fans as Player of the Season last season during a promotion season and when fit is always selected to play by Derek Adams.
The player with no talent also stopped Liverpool from scoring at Anfield.

Oct 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":2ufnx9g3 said:
Shankster":2ufnx9g3 said:
davie nine":2ufnx9g3 said:

Well, the player with no talent was voted by fans as Player of the Season last season during a promotion season and when fit is always selected to play by Derek Adams.
The player with no talent also stopped Liverpool from scoring at Anfield.
Djimi Traore has a CL medal and stopped AC Milan in a CL final 2nd half at least), Djemba Djemba has a Prem league medal ala Anderson. All of whom are/ were utter horse s****

Oct 16, 2016
I can see how his presence in a settled and consistent back 4 is missed, yes

Footnote: it isnā€™t lost on me that the fuller picture of defence consistency and fluidity has been established under Vyner. The attacking element of which (front 3) was the precursor

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":1fjdp9ub said:
Djimi Traore has a CL medal and stopped AC Milan in a CL final 2nd half at least), Djemba Djemba has a Prem league medal ala Anderson. All of whom are/ were utter horse s****

Very poor logic, there. They were not key players in the teams who won those titles. I don't need to tell you the importance of Gerrard, Carragher, Hamann, Alonso, Garcia et al. And any number of stars at Manchester United ahead of Djemba-Djemba.

As already mentioned, Bradley is arguably THE key player along with Carey in our two promotion pushes. Therefore it's borderline disrespectful to be talking about him in those terms, which is further borne out by the 'utter horse s**t' bit about other decent pros. There are plenty of very good centre-backs who more than make up for lack of natural talent in other areas, and Sonny is certainly one of those, and is probably the perfect partner for the more gifted Vyner.

I was a little unkind to Mark Matthews in bringing up his tip for Stan Ternent constantly, but I'm tempted to do the same here for your assertions that the Grandstand is fine in its current state. Both that and this view are.... highly questionable to say the least :lol:

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":2dyrosy9 said:
Shankster":2dyrosy9 said:

Very poor logic, there. They were not key players in the teams who won those titles. I don't need to tell you the importance of Gerrard, Carragher, Hamann, Alonso, Garcia et al. And any number of stars at Manchester United ahead of Djemba-Djemba.

As already mentioned, Bradley is arguably THE key player along with Carey in our two promotion pushes. Therefore it's borderline disrespectful to be talking about him in those terms, which is further borne out by the 'utter horse s**t' bit about other decent pros. There are plenty of very good centre-backs who more than make up for lack of natural talent in other areas, and Sonny is certainly one of those, and is probably the perfect partner for the more gifted Vyner.

I was a little unkind to Mark Matthews in bringing up his tip for Stan Ternent constantly, but I'm tempted to do the same here for your assertions that the Grandstand is fine in its current state. Both that and this view are.... highly questionable to say the least :lol:
.....albeit I donā€™t sit, not ever want to sit, in the main stand...certainly not until Iā€™m eligible for gods waiting room

Aug 5, 2016
Shankster":122hhlq0 said:
davie nine":122hhlq0 said:

Graham Carey has talent, but I think I'd rather have Bradley marking the likes of Ellis Harrison, Lyle Taylor and Jack Marriott.

Bradley's 'talent' comes in winning headers, stopping dribbles, dominating tackles and organising a back four. He seems to do it well enough to win a League Two promotion and be at the heart of a side in the League One top 6.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":25tix3oe said:
Shankster":25tix3oe said:
davie nine":25tix3oe said:

Graham Carey has talent, but I think I'd rather have Bradley marking the likes of Ellis Harrison, Lyle Taylor and Jack Marriott.

Bradley's 'talent' comes in winning headers, stopping dribbles, dominating tackles and organising a back four. He seems to do it well enough to win a League Two promotion and be at the heart of a side in the League One top 6.

All this criticism of Bradley. What happened when he wasn't there? Our loan keeper who has been great, seemed nervous and had a bit of a mare.

I wonder why? :think:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Shankster":21eva92p said:

I know you are on a wind-up with us Shankster, but is that the best you can do? A 'trier'? lolol.

He's been the lynchpin of our defence for the last two seasons, and it shows by the success we have had.

He's not going to be a John Stones 'bring the ball out of defence' type player or a Beckenbauer, but every team needs a stopper as well as a ball player in central defence. He is very effective at L2 and L1 levels and I would not put it past him being effective at the league above.

Oct 16, 2016
Itā€™s interesting, I have a similar debate, albeit many are coming around to my train of thought, with reds fans refer nice Emre Can, who is absolutely diabolical.

Their riposte in these instances is that heā€™s ā€˜a German internationalā€™ an international I tell you! The absolute lowest form of the game bar none

Feb 17, 2017
Shankster":2caym5ij said:
Itā€™s interesting, I have a similar debate, albeit many are coming around to my train of thought, with reds fans refer nice Emre Can, who is absolutely diabolical.

Their riposte in these instances is that heā€™s ā€˜a German internationalā€™ an international I tell you! The absolute lowest form of the game bar none

Interesting opinion, also interesting that opposing managers setup tactically to stop Emre can getting the ball so he cant link up with the forward players, they obviously do not see him as diabolical as you put it.