Sonny Bradley | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sonny Bradley

Mar 23, 2008
Hope he's back soon, a vital cog in a finely tuned wheel. We really missed him in Saturday and him and Vyner are a seriously good partnership, can't see a better one in the league.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":277lh1wt said:
Thankfully my wife doesnā€™t read this forum else sheā€™d worry where I am every other Saturday, she does think every game goes to extra time and penaltyā€™s though. Enjoy a debrief in the Kings that takes me beyond 1830 those days

I would have thought she would be quite relieved.

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":u4wt12mq said:
Shankster":u4wt12mq said:
Thankfully my wife doesnā€™t read this forum else sheā€™d worry where I am every other Saturday, she does think every game goes to extra time and penaltyā€™s though. Enjoy a debrief in the Kings that takes me beyond 1830 those days

I would have thought she would be quite relieved.

I wouldnā€™t know his name BG but Mr Relieved seems somewhat odd

You should come along to a game now and then, itā€™ll relive your angst.

Set you a challenge, name an ale house in London this Saturday and Iā€™ll stand you 4-5 pints for free. Iā€™ll even walk you to the ground to ensure you get there

OnicknowlePete

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 6, 2004
Plymouth
Always interesting to read other fans views on players. If Bradley ain't that good why would Luton want him, seeing as they would be expecting to be in this league next season. Yann Song'o has been one our best performers across the season so far so I wouldn't get rid because he makes a few mistakes, bearing in mind on Saturday he was playing left side with the leg he only uses to stand on, he comes in goes out, comes in gives 100% and plays wherever the boss asks. Be interesting to know what their team mates think of them, and I reckon you get a whole lot more 'Team' than you ever will as an individual from these players. In my opinion they are GREAT team players,
Pete

Dec 22, 2016
Barnstaple
Shankster":13vm9rwe said:
X Isle":13vm9rwe said:
Shankster":13vm9rwe said:
I think Bradley is less than ordinary .... I know Iā€™m right
So, by extension, the Liverpool team in the Anfield game was worse than less than ordinary then.

Slightly harsh on your plastic club that 'ankster... but I know I'M right :wink:

Indeed, albeit the line up was slightly awry Mr ā€˜isle

Yes they had to make do with Belgium international Origi and Welsh international Woodburn. Then when Sonny had stopped them most of the game, they brought on Sturridge and Firmino for 20 minutes in desperation!

By the way Sonny was MoM that day by a long way according to the BBC experts when up against 4 internationals. But you remember a game against Parkway?
He certainly wasn't "agricultural" that day against LFC, your favourite term for him.

Oct 16, 2016
willgreen78":3sywzltj said:
Shankster":3sywzltj said:
X Isle":3sywzltj said:
Shankster":3sywzltj said:
So, by extension, the Liverpool team in the Anfield game was worse than less than ordinary then.

Slightly harsh on your plastic club that 'ankster... but I know I'M right :wink:

Yes they had to make do with Belgium international Origi and Welsh international Woodburn. Then when Sonny had stopped them most of the game, they brought on Sturridge and Firmino for 20 minutes in desperation!

By the way Sonny was MoM that day by a long way according to the BBC experts when up against 4 internationals. But you remember a game against Parkway?
He certainly wasn't "agricultural" that day against LFC, your favourite term for him.

Tbf argyle shouldā€™ve taken advantage of the poor display, lethargy and complacency of LFC that day, were by far the better team. Adams got his tactics nailed on I thought.

Origi and Woodburn canā€™t get a game atm, for LFC anyway, Origi is doing ok at Wolfsburg, hopefully get a bob or two for him.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":fnonsd2y said:
willgreen78":fnonsd2y said:
X Isle":fnonsd2y said:

Tbf argyle shouldā€™ve taken advantage of the poor display, lethargy and complacency of LFC that day, were by far the better team. Adams got his tactics nailed on I thought.

Origi and Woodburn canā€™t get a game atm, for LFC anyway, Origi is doing ok at Wolfsburg, hopefully get a bob or two for him.

So you thought Argyle were 'far the better team' at Anfield? He he he! You are a comedian mate.

Oct 16, 2016
Balham_Green":2liqs9k9 said:
Shankster":2liqs9k9 said:
willgreen78":2liqs9k9 said:
X Isle":2liqs9k9 said:

So you thought Argyle were 'far the better team' at Anfield? He he he! You are a comedian mate.

Did you go Dave?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Shankster for some reason has forgotten that the thrust of this thread was the current state of Sonny's health preventing him from playing in recent matches, and turned it into am opportunity to diss him as an Argyle CB.
In my years of supporting Argyle, I can look back to the likes of Chisholm, Nelson, McEllinney,Smith and Timar, none of whom were in the Beckenbauer style of CB, but all of whom were extremely effective in their role and some of whom were very capable in the second tier of the English Football Leagues. I would put Sonny in this group as a stopper CB, who is no 'fancy dan' in his footwork, but has been very effective in his role and commands the respect of his manager. Let's hope to see him performing his usual role soon.

ChepstowGreen

šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æšŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳ó æ
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
ā™£ļø SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Quintrell_Green":9m5d2fee said:
Shankster for some reason has forgotten that the thrust of this thread was the current state of Sonny's health preventing him from playing in recent matches, and turned it into am opportunity to diss him as an Argyle CB.
In my years of supporting Argyle, I can look back to the likes of Chisholm, Nelson, McEllinney,Smith and Timar, none of whom were in the Beckenbauer style of CB, but all of whom were extremely effective in their role and some of whom were very capable in the second tier of the English Football Leagues. I would put Sonny in this group as a stopper CB, who is no 'fancy dan' in his footwork, but has been very effective in his role and commands the respect of his manager. Let's hope to see him performing his usual role soon.

Indeed, obviously we're all entitled to opinions etc etc, but it does seem a bit crass to use the opportunity of Sonny's mystery illness to repeat criticisms that Shankster has already aired a few times. Why repeat them? What's the point?

Fwiw I think Sonny's an excellent CB and is one of my fav players in the team. I wish him all the best to get well soon and hope he is back in our starting XI ASAP.

Larry David

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
The reason in my opinion why we miss Sonny or Ryan as a partner for Vyner is that one of your Centre backs should be the type that attacks the ball in the air and dominates. The other should be one that generally stands off and picks up the pieces, this Centre back has to have pace i.e. Vyner or Nelson. Also your Bradley or Edwards type of Centre back cannot afford to get too tight to a really quick striker when balls are played to feet as they when they get turned they get beaten for pace.

The problem for me is Yann gets too tight against the quicker strikers and is apt to dive in and whilst he is decent in the air he isn't as good as Ryan or Sonny at the back and he is less of a threat up front at set pieces.

That said, he is wholehearted and puts his body on the line time after time whether tackling or blocking shots.

Aug 5, 2016
willgreen78":2quhc4ar said:
Shankster":2quhc4ar said:
X Isle":2quhc4ar said:
Shankster":2quhc4ar said:

Exactly, Shankster's criticism is completely baseless. Bradley has been up there as one of DA's best signings. That's 46 league games a season form (across two divisions) and performances against Premier League opposition in the FA Cup, rather than meaningless friendlies against Parkway. I'm not sure what scouts tend to focus on these days.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You canā€™t debate with Shankster, Knibbsworth. He seems to be someone who forms an opinion and will never change his mind. His stock answer when you try to discuss a player with him is ā€˜opinionsā€™.

Sonny Bradley is as crucial to our progress as Graham Carey and Ryan Taylor and, if we did manage to go up to the Championship, he would prove his worth at that level.