Sonny Bradley | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sonny Bradley

Feb 17, 2017
Voice_of_Reason":2jadei54 said:
Its nice around Christmas time to have a pantomime villain, adds to the magic of the time of year. When the dame is still playing the "look at me" card in March, its worn very thin and most people either ignore or feel pity for them.

#WHENSAMPOSTSILOGOUT

Couldn’t have said it better myself. It’s got to the point where all respect and credibility in anything posted has been lost sad really but I’m sure they are not the first and will not be the last. Makes this forum a worse place in my opinion and detracts away from a lot of the good posts and fun debate to be had, I just completely ignore all posts made now though so not as bad.

#RELEGATIONFODDER

Jul 29, 2010
jarvo36":1hebmdhc said:
cheshiregreen":1hebmdhc said:
Looks like our goalie jinx has moved on to become a CB jinx.

just what I was thinking, I'd like to see Sawyer as left CB and ATS as full back on Saturday, i think that would give our defence a more natural look and also enable Songo to play cdm if he needs to
Yup, said as much before kick off at Fleetwood, that is the natural default position... a left footed centre back for a left centre back position. I know it seems Sawyer isn't lasting 90 minutes these days but surely 10-15 minutes with a square peg in a round hole is better than 90 minutes, especially when that square peg is as calamity prone as Songo'o is at Centre back.

As for Sonny, just get well fella. Supporters are a needy bunch but this is clearly a situation where we will find out when it is time for us to find out and not a moment sooner. I am actually quite proud that nothing is out there. Proud of both the club for respecting his privacy and the fans who clearly know more for their restraint in the circumstances.

It is simple respectful behaviour like this that can influence a player when contract renewal time comes round. It's not just about contract length and cold hard cash when players commit to a club, knowing they are at a good club with good people around them is every bit as important.

Well done everyone :huddle:

Jul 17, 2011
X Isle":3hbrzvb0 said:
jarvo36":3hbrzvb0 said:
cheshiregreen":3hbrzvb0 said:

just what I was thinking, I'd like to see Sawyer as left CB and ATS as full back on Saturday, i think that would give our defence a more natural look and also enable Songo to play cdm if he needs to
Yup, said as much before kick off at Fleetwood, that is the natural default position... a left footed centre back for a left centre back position. I know it seems Sawyer isn't lasting 90 minutes these days but surely 10-15 minutes with a square peg in a round hole is better than 90 minutes, especially when that square peg is as calamity prone as Songo'o is at Centre back.

As for Sonny, just get well fella. Supporters are a needy bunch but this is clearly a situation where we will find out when it is time for us to find out and not a moment sooner. I am actually quite proud that nothing is out there. Proud of both the club for respecting his privacy and the fans who clearly know more for their restraint in the circumstances.

It is simple respectful behaviour like this that can influence a player when contract renewal time comes round. It's not just about contract length and cold hard cash when players commit to a club, knowing they are at a good club with good people around them is every bit as important.

Well said.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":3k02wxb1 said:
jarvo36":3k02wxb1 said:
cheshiregreen":3k02wxb1 said:

Which calamities Re Songo then?

Aug 11, 2013
The own goal against Oldham was one such calamity. I think calamity is too strong to describe the odd mistake in his game. Let’s face it if he was error free he’d be playing at a higher level. Yann was way ahead in the player of the season polls earlier in the season. Not sure where he’s currently ranked? He does have the odd frustrating mistake in him. but wears his heart on his sleeve. Puts his body on the line and I’ve no concerns about him filling in for Sonny. We have a squad.

Jul 29, 2010
Greenarmy11":2tatt64w said:
Songo is better anyway
Absolutely not, he's very capable in front of the back four but makes too many errors of judgement to be in the back four itself. Any errors made with four defenders between him and the goal are recoverable, as the last defender though, eeek, it scares me.... especially as he's wrong footed on the left side.

He is a 100%er and I like that but that shouldn't cloud logical observation of his historical error count.

PS - if you need all the OG's, penalties conceded and goals conceded through positional errors listed BG then frankly you need to pay more attention.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I'm sure DA will have had a look at Sawyer at centre back in training and would make a call on it. To be fair I wouldn't mind ATS at full back in Gary's position at the moment, but as to whether Gary is a better option than Yann alongside Vyner is anyone's guess.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Sawyer at centre back: starting to feel ill too.
Leave him at LB I reckon.

Songo'o should never be playing midfield as he ain't a midfielder, doesn't think a midfielder, act like a midfielder, look like a midfielder. So now's his time to shine in defence. There is a place for Songo'o surely, he's the only 'hardman' we have in the squad, given Taylor's not one to gob off.

Oscar is a midfielder I reckon, being cottonwooled this season at RB. If need be, get Sawyer back right, ATS left, Oscar in mid, if the new Joey Barton type we've got is no good.

Sep 6, 2006
X Isle":375smamm said:
Greenarmy11":375smamm said:
Songo is better anyway
Absolutely not, he's very capable in front of the back four but makes too many errors of judgement to be in the back four itself. Any errors made with four defenders between him and the goal are recoverable, as the last defender though, eeek, it scares me.... especially as he's wrong footed on the left side.

He is a 100%er and I like that but that shouldn't cloud logical observation of his historical error count.

PS - if you need all the OG's, penalties conceded and goals conceded through positional errors listed BG then frankly you need to pay more attention.

In other words you can't name them yourself.

Sep 6, 2006
Gary_Wills":bjaef6lx said:
Sawyer at centre back: starting to feel ill too.
Leave him at LB I reckon.

Songo'o should never be playing midfield as he ain't a midfielder, doesn't think a midfielder, act like a midfielder, look like a midfielder. So now's his time to shine in defence. There is a place for Songo'o surely, he's the only 'hardman' we have in the squad, given Taylor's not one to gob off.

Oscar is a midfielder I reckon, being cottonwooled this season at RB. If need be, get Sawyer back right, ATS left, Oscar in mid, if the new Joey Barton type we've got is no good.

Sawyer too slow for me at left back.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
X Isle":kuyxtxic said:
Greenarmy11":kuyxtxic said:
Songo is better anyway

Songo’o was fine as a centre-back alongside Bradley, he was absolutely brilliant against Bury away and helped win a rare clean sheet. I thought that was our best centre-back pairing earlier in the season until Edwards started to settle in.

Songo’o has been unlucky and much like Jervis and the other wingers was another casualty of Adams switching formation just before Christmas which meant Fox took over the deep midfielder role and Songo’o lost out.

According to the Pasoti poll in December Songo’o was voted, by some margin, as Player of the Season so far.
After losing his starting place he’s played bit part roles as well as playing out of position as a left-sided centre-back which all might have contributed to him losing his confidence.

Our whole attacking dynamic changes if a right-footed centre-back like Songo’o plays in Bradley’s position, the balls down the channels or up to Taylor will be launched at a different angle.

Hopefully Bradley is ok and returns soon.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
samjones":37isx84r said:
Injuries are part and parcel of the game and it was always going to happen.

Unfortunate that it happens now when we have been in such good form and for some people mounting a play off challenge.
TBH our failure was to strengthen the squad in January. Yes we got rid of a lot of dead wood but we were always looking paper thin and prone to this situation. Lucky its not Taylor or otherwise we would be well and truly shafted.
Predicted 16th and sticking to it partly for this very reason.

Everyone gets injuries but we had no scope for it within the squad.
Lets hope it doesn't effect us too much and the season doesn't peters off with a whimper but realistically we have done well to stay up even given are start and talk of playoff or god forbid promotion were always pipe dreams

You really are beyond a joke. Super super quiet during our blinding top of the table purple patch. Now with an injury or 2 and a mystery illness you turn up crowing about 16th. Arse!!!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
We will obviously miss Sonny at defending and attacking set pieces. Hopefully, he is not out for too long.

I believe he will be just as important to us if we reach the Championship as he has been in League 1 and 2.