Slightly Arrogant? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Slightly Arrogant?

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
They have absolutely slaughtered some teams this season but they only beat Northampton 1-0 at the weekend, anything is possible on the day.

S

Starbucks

Been told both right sided players Caddis and Ritchie are both out, anybody confirm?

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
I'm as sure we'll get a result here as I was sure we'd not beat Hereford, and probably lose. This has 1-0 to Argyle, late goal all over it. I just hope their players are equally complacent as their manager and fans are. :scarf:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
To be fair to them, I think our chances of scoring are more or less zero

1) They have the best defence in the league.
2) They are the best at home in the league.
3) We have one of the weakest attacks in the league.
4) We are worse on the road.

I'd be gobsmacked if we had a goal to celebrate, but I think our quality defence will keep it from being a trouncing. 1-0 or 2-0 to Swindon imo.

Jul 6, 2011
Di Canio's confidence is good, but his arrogance rates him as a big zero.
I really hope we put one over on them saturday. I can see a good performance from us, but can also see a last minute goal for them.
I pray and hope the greens prove me wrong, I want to be a party pooper :scarf:

Feb 22, 2008
Herts
GreenSam":2zivgm2d said:
To be fair to them, I think our chances of scoring are more or less zero

1) They have the best defence in the league.
2) They are the best at home in the league.
3) We have one of the weakest attacks in the league.
4) We are worse on the road.

I'd be gobsmacked if we had a goal to celebrate, but I think our quality defence will keep it from being a trouncing. 1-0 or 2-0 to Swindon imo.

Come on Sam, this is Argyle we are talking about :greensmile: :lol: :lol: :whistle:

Agyle have form for these types of games and nearly every season pull a surprise, against current form results, out of the bag, Wolves away a couple of years ago and also Wigan away a few years before that. Both sides where flying high at the top of the division, unbeat for weeks and we got a result. :D :D

PS just the same when we play teams that have not won for ages, when help them along with giving them 3 points :facepalm: :facepalm:

What ever happens on Saturday will be good for the GREEN ARMY to come up against some decent home support and some banter and atmosphere.

Can not wait :scarf: :scarf:

COYG

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
ICRBD":2ydbc92r said:
PREDICTIONS LEAGUE: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle

Forget the mathmatical certanties if the others do draw as we're talking about us losing every game by 3 or 4 goals a game...NOT going to happen but we do want to win the league with 100+ points so a win is essential. Plymouth are not the team they were and despite the fact they'll be up for it provided we turn up we WILL do the businessas we are by FAR the better team..their away form is not the best and our home form..well need I say more!?

Questions for Saturday 1) Correct Score - I'll go 4-0 2) 1st Scorer - I'll go Benson A) Attendance - I'll go 11,890 B) Time of the last goal - I'll go 87mins C) No of changes to the starting 11 from Monday - I'll go 3 D) W, L or D for Torquay and Crawley - I'll go DD Now it is time to guarantee the promotionwith a win then we need only 1 win and 1 draw from 4!

Good luck to all but especially the team...BIG win please guys!!

ESS! TEE! EFF! CEE!"
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/ne ... th_Argyle/
---------------------------------------------------
Link added by Admin, please do not copy and paste copyrighted material without providing a link. Admin.

The've had a good season !!
The author seems to think STFC are sort of 'high and mighty' but when we won the Div 2 wasn't it 103 points and gates at the end of 16K+ not 11K
As someone posted before we can remember Wolves and Wigan. Greens in - 3 points - greens out - thankyou and goodbye.

Melbourne Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jul 12, 2005
We will go 2-0 up, they will then score twice to make it 2-2. We will score our 3rd with 10 secs on the clock.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Johnny Paradise":2dpbssqa said:
Melbourne Green":2dpbssqa said:
We will go 2-0 up, they will then score twice to make it 2-2. We will score our 3rd with 10 secs on the clock.

Don't be daft, who would believe that :lol:

;)

I would like to. Even better get the winner in the fourth minute of three minutes of extra time. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

M

Muffin Man

pilgrim_pete":bbte0gyf said:
Are they in position to overhaul our record points tally?

Another reason to do 'em!

Nope we can "only" get 101 points but we got 102 points in the 85-86 season in this division anyway.