Slightly Arrogant? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Slightly Arrogant?

Mar 5, 2008
PREDICTIONS LEAGUE: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle

10:16am Thursday 12th April 2012 in STFC News
The first game at Plymouth was a defining moment for the spirit of our squad following the sad passing of Papa di Canio, the scenes that followed the final whistle put a BIG two fingers up at everyone in the national press for their attempts to discredit Paolo in their VERY 'selective' quotes.

What better and more poignant way than to win promotion at the home game v Plymouth!?..I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we WILL gain promotion on Saturday as I can see one or both of Torquay (who play the best away team in the league) and Crawley (who have had yet ANOTHER red card last match and are now down 5 players on suspensions) - one or both WILL draw and that is enough for us WHEN we win on Saturday.

Forget the mathmatical certanties if the others do draw as we're talking about us losing every game by 3 or 4 goals a game...NOT going to happen but we do want to win the league with 100+ points so a win is essential. Plymouth are not the team they were and despite the fact they'll be up for it provided we turn up we WILL do the businessas we are by FAR the better team..their away form is not the best and our home form..well need I say more!?

Questions for Saturday 1) Correct Score - I'll go 4-0 2) 1st Scorer - I'll go Benson A) Attendance - I'll go 11,890 B) Time of the last goal - I'll go 87mins C) No of changes to the starting 11 from Monday - I'll go 3 D) W, L or D for Torquay and Crawley - I'll go DD Now it is time to guarantee the promotionwith a win then we need only 1 win and 1 draw from 4!

Good luck to all but especially the team...BIG win please guys!!

ESS! TEE! EFF! CEE!"

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/ne ... th_Argyle/

---------------------------------------------------
Link added by Admin, please do not copy and paste copyrighted material without providing a link. Admin.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
They have every reason to be arrogant, only one goal conceded in the league at the county ground since October and sitting pretty at the top of the pile :sad:

Having said that, it is up to us to be the party poopers and delay their celebrations :scarf: :scarf:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Sam182":sysknhml said:
They have every reason to be arrogant, only one goal conceded at the county ground since September and sitting pretty at the top of the pile :sad:

Having said that, it is up to us to be the party poopers and delay their celebrations :scarf: :scarf:

Wow.

Aug 4, 2009
Plymouth
Matt Neil":2uwto3mk said:
Sam182":2uwto3mk said:
They have every reason to be arrogant, only one goal conceded at the county ground since September and sitting pretty at the top of the pile :sad:

Strange, they conceded 3 against Hereford in October.

That don't count. :whistle:

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Matt Neil":2ei0keeo said:
Sam182":2ei0keeo said:

:lol:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Matt Neil":33a0uho1 said:
Sam182":33a0uho1 said:

Even conceding in only 2 league games since then is pretty impressive. I thought our defence was good. However we can be the party poopers.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If we sit back and let them play we will get slaughtered.

If we start strong, get in there faces and close them down everytime they have the ball we've got a chance.

Personally I think we will do the latter until the last 20 minutes, go deep and try to defend what we have and get picked off for the point(s).

May 8, 2011
Sam182":2n1awe8p said:
only one goal conceded at the county ground since September

Swindon 3 - 3 Hereford
Swindon 1 - 1 AFC Wimbledon (JPT)
Swindon 4 - 1 Huddersfield (FA cup)
Swindon 2 - 1 Wigan (FA cup)
Swindon 2 - 1 Shrewsbury

Those are all the goals they've conceded at the CG since september, not quite no goals but look at some of those results! Very scared for sat!

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
I have full faith in the Argyle team that we can win... :whistle: Just get Paulo angry- his players get angry- red cards- easy victory. Simples. :stout: